Beer

Yes, I think brew pubs are your best bet for a decent beer. But,..does anyone know of a store that sells brew (beer,) making supplies? I'd rather make my own.

I have done a few searches on this. The only one I know of is http://www.hechasencasa.com.ar/ Cervezas Hechas en Casa. They are located in Mar Del Plata, they do not have a store front, you need to have it shipped. I have yet to try their products since I am waiting for better brew location, however If you try it, or find another send me a PM please.

Saludos

RobinsonGO said:
I have done a few searches on this. The only one I know of is http://www.hechasencasa.com.ar/ Cervezas Hechas en Casa. They are located in Mar Del Plata, they do not have a store front, you need to have it shipped. I have yet to try their products since I am waiting for better brew location, however If you try it, or find another send me a PM please.

Saludos

..Thanks,..excellent looking site. I may look into it but was hoping for something closer. Will investigate.

The range of artesanal/craft beer has certainly improved, as has the quality, over the last few years. On the down side, the local palate/market is not that educated/developed so the majority of craft brewers tend to limit themselves to Rubia (a sort of lager), Roja (nominally a 'Scotch' ale) and a negra (stout), none of which will challenge the palate. If bitter & hoppy beers are your thing, then the best beers are from Sixtofer, NAT and Chulebier - Sixtofer and NAT beers are available at, the already mentioned, Cruzat in calle Viamonte. The big plus about Cruzat is that you can buy a bottle to drink/try there, before you invest your hard earned $ in bottles to take away.
Unfortunately I'm unable to add (m)any other shops that you might visit.
If you are up for a ride out to Quilmes this weekend, there will be the Quilmes Craft Beer Festival taking place on both evenings this weekend. There are supposed to be 23 craft breweries with stands and there will be live music. On Saturday, the show kicks off at 5pm and on Sunday, I believe, it will be 7pm. The festival closes at midnight each night. Could be a good opportunity to ask the brewers where the sell their beer??
Cheers

Ptolemy - visit the internet sites of Somos Cerveceros or Logia Cervecera, from which there are links to providers of home brew ingredients.
Both of these sites are craft brewery aligned.

Condor said:
If you are up for a ride out to Quilmes this weekend, there will be the Quilmes Craft Beer Festival taking place on both evenings this weekend. There are supposed to be 23 craft breweries with stands and there will be live music. On Saturday, the show kicks off at 5pm

I'm up for it! Can we get a group together perhaps?

Reactions: tez
Jumbo is your best bet in supermarkets, though in the past I've seen some less common beers in fiambrerias that bring in product from other parts of the country. One place that has it all? Have yet to find one.

Antares has a fantastic Barley Wine, and I even recently discovered a great local american-style IPA (my favorite style) called Sixtofer. I've only seen it at Sr. Telmo, but if anyone sees it someplace in a store, please let me know! They also have a stout, which I have yet to taste.

Joe Blow,

Forgot to mention that the festival will be held at Balneario i.e. on the river front at Quilmes, somewhere near the junction of Cervantes and Otomendi.
If coming by car you'd come off at the Quilmes turn off, go around the roundabout and back underneath the Autopista La Plata - this would bring you on to Espana. Continue straight on until the water side and hang a left.
The venue is accessible by train/bus or bus/bus combination but you'd need to check carefully the times of your return to Capital.

Condor said:
Joe Blow,

Forgot to mention that the festival will be held at Balneario i.e. on the river front at Quilmes, somewhere near the junction of Cervantes and Otomendi.
If coming by car you'd come off at the Quilmes turn off, go around the roundabout and back underneath the Autopista La Plata - this would bring you on to Espana. Continue straight on until the water side and hang a left.
The venue is accessible by train/bus or bus/bus combination but you'd need to check carefully the times of your return to Capital.

Thanks for the directions!

If anybody is interested in going, just holler.

Back