Best Argentine gin?

Thanks for all your responses. It seems there are far more Argentine gins than I thought. According to this "gin map", there are 340 (as at Oct 6, 2021)! Here's an article about the gin phenomenon here...
I know the premixed gin drinks have become popular. I will not try one. Are there really 340 distinct gin distilleries?

I recommend the Christallino Williams pear brandy. In the style of a French Calvados distilled from the nearby fruit orchards. They were an early Patagonia distillery who must have influenced the local clear distilled “aguardiente” revival. https://www.rionegro.com.ar/allen-l...de-los-mejores-destilados-del-pais-GX2891392/

searching for a decent Spanish style grape pomace Orujo. I wish there was an artisanal Rye like the ones now popular in US. Not hoping for small batch Bourbon trend since those are too sweet for me.

I know the premixed gin drinks have become popular. I will not try one. Are there really 340 distinct gin distilleries?

I recommend the Christallino Williams pear brandy. In the style of a French Calvados distilled from the nearby fruit orchards. They were an early Patagonia distillery who must have influenced the local clear distilled “aguardiente” revival. https://www.rionegro.com.ar/allen-l...de-los-mejores-destilados-del-pais-GX2891392/

searching for a decent Spanish style grape pomace Orujo. I wish there was an artisanal Rye like the ones now popular in US. Not hoping for small batch Bourbon trend since those are too sweet for me.
No, not 340 distinct distilleries, as several make multiple gins, but quite a few nonetheless and far more than I expected. The map adds up the total gins. Plenty must be very local and probably not distributed broadly.

I was told that many (most?) of the local gins use the same base spirit. It is manufactured in Córdoba by Porta Hermanos. Is corn based.

I was told that many (most?) of the local gins use the same base spirit. It is manufactured in Córdoba by Porta Hermanos. Is corn based.
This is an indication that many skip the fermentation process. They buy premade ethanol but still have their own distillery process?

Back