Best award program to find flights to the US?

BANY

Registered
Hi, which award miles program do you guys use most to get flights to the US? I had used Smiles but its incredibly expensive now. I need to find availability for Jan and Feb from EZE to NYC or MIA, any suggestions?

Hi, which award miles program do you guys use most to get flights to the US? I had used Smiles but its incredibly expensive now. I need to find availability for Jan and Feb from EZE to NYC or MIA, any suggestions?
What's smiles?

Its from Brazilian airline Gol, it has changed and now has terribly high rates for awards its worthless.

Try Aeroplan, LifeMiles (usually options include Avianca, United, Copa and AeroMexico) or LATAMPass. Reward availability in the peak season of January and February is another subject however…

I used to think Delta's Skymiles program was really good (I got tickets to Argentina many times with only minimum amount of miles), but since the end of the pandemic, I haven't seen an award ticket that's not double the minimum.

perhaps best to get a credit card to earn points you can transfer

I used to think Delta's Skymiles program was really good (I got tickets to Argentina many times with only minimum amount of miles), but since the end of the pandemic, I haven't seen an award ticket that's not double the minimum.
same with Alaska partner w American Airlines

If you do not already have the miles on any of the airlines, then it is unlikely you can earn enough in time with any program to take an award for Jan or Feb. Certainly never worth buying miles to only use on an award. If you had the time to earn then I would say getting the Citibank American Air mastercard which gives 50k free miles is a good way, then cancel before they charge the $99 fee at your second year. There are awards available today for both JFK and MIA for as little as 25 and 30K miles. American Air often has the lowest awards cost for those two cities.

I find American is most likely to have super low award award ticket prices (often as little as 30k each way) but you have to be flexible with your dates. They also sometimes give seats away for low miles last minute (within 24-48 hrs) if they know they can't fill the flight.

If you are not flexible with your dates, it's really a toss-up between airlines.

Back