Best Coffee Roaster in Buenos Aires - Padre

artisans

Registered
The Padre Coffee Roasters location is a pleasure in a charming part of Palermo Viejo, Jorge Luis Borges 2008. Friendly and helpful staff at their location. You can see right away they are knowledgeable and contemporary with information on making coffee and a strong selection of coffees of different origins. If you don't want the trip they communicate well in Spanish through their listing by Messenger / FaceBook.
The roasters are in front and they roast on site.
Medium roast coffee is the common (only) currency in Buenos Aires. I searched everywhere for a dark roast coffee, no joy.
Padre was willing to roast to my specifications a 1/4 kg of Colombia orgánico Valle del Cauca ,Tostado Francés XL (Dark French Roast) and they hand delivered this perfect coffee to my apartment in Recoleta. They were willing to try different roast levels @ 1/4 kg each until I was satisfied with the roast level of the coffee!
They offer these several coffees:
Brasil Minas Gerais natural 900 mts a 1700 / kg - Tostado Oscuro 1900
Colombia Valle del Cauca lavado 2000 mts a 2400/ kg - Tostado Oscuro 2600
Costa Rica Valle Occident red honey 1050 mts 3000/ kg - Tostado Oscuro 3200
Etiopía Guji Heriloom 2050 natural a 3400/ kg - Tostado Oscuro 3600
**If you like dark roast coffee, highly recommend: Colombia orgánico Valle del Cauca ,Tostado Francés XL

I should have charged commission:):). Glad you found perfection, even though a bit of a pricey one...

Thanks again for the tip. You'll be long remembered for selfless good works. :)
Yes, prices are top of the market but considering all the positives mentioned and great coffee it's fair. And who's going to hand deliver your 1/4 kg of coffee to your door, no charge? Anywhere. Price is maso a Peets 8 oz in US. The quality is in the cup.
And finally my year of searching satisfying coffee is over.
As thanks I'm glad to share a portion to try at cost, beans or ground.

Thanks again for the tip. You'll be long remembered for selfless good works. :)
Yes, prices are top of the market but considering all the positives mentioned and great coffee it's fair. And who's going to hand deliver your 1/4 kg of coffee to your door, no charge? Anywhere. Price is maso a Peets 8 oz in US. The quality is in the cup.
And finally my year of searching satisfying coffee is over.
As thanks I'm glad to share a portion to try at cost, beans or ground.
my pleasure. and the delivery part is indeed short of a miracle. I would have taken you up on your offer, but I bring my beans back from 'home' every year - British Columbia has more organic dark roast varieties than the rest of the world together, all coming still warm from the local roasters. And grind them in a manual grinder just before consumption:). The only thing missing is a teaspoon of organic half and half:-( sob sob

Try La Choza whole milk, skim the cream off the top and mix with a little milk. Ummmmm.

T/
I have done for a while and it's perfect, except it comes in one liter bottle and I don't have any use for the rest of the milk, so have to throw it out every time...

Anyone familiar with the dark roasted Coffee Arabica variety from Ecuador grown at altitudes of 1900 mts.?

I went to Padre three times, to give them a chance. Very so so...maybe if you buy the coffee there and make it at home, you get a better deal

I'm curious, what about it was so so?
the coffee was first of all cool, it should be hot and I did not care for the taste. Three times in a row, sorry too much even though I have class right around the corner. My prof who lives two blocks away agreed with me. It is really sad to see the commercial and marketing side developed when focus should be on the product.

Back