Best comprehensive health insurance?

Which is the best health insurance company?

• Swiss Medical

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medicus

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • OSDE

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Hospital Italiano

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Hospital Aleman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OMINT

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
citygirl said:
I have Swiss Medical - no problems at all the few times I've had to use them.

My friends that are doctors here say OSDE is the best.
I had a quotation from Swiss - considerable less coverage and more than twice as expensive as Gouda, which I have used for ages, aka. some 20 years (Swiss: AR$ 16,000/year - Gouda AR$ 7,400/year). Gouda coverage: http://www.gouda.dk/Conditions+no.+812.1390.aspx

Gouda is, however, for Europeans returning to Europe once every 16 (or 18 (?)) months only (or maybe not exclusively for Europeans - you can ask them, the worst that can happen is that they say no - but you must visit Europe those every 16 or 18 months).

I kept a stiff upper lip while in the Swiss office, but laughed my <you know what> off when outside - had to get a transplant to be able to sit on a chair again ;):D

I pay only $370 pesos a month for very extensive coverage - not sure why your quote was so high:confused:

citygirl said:
I pay only $370 pesos a month for very extensive coverage - not sure why your quote was so high:confused:
Probably because

1. Extranjero = idiota muy rico.
2. I want an extended coverage similar to the one I have with Gouda.

(addition re. 1. above: When I rented my apartment I had checked the price on the internet in advance. The agent indicated a price about 200 AR$ higher per month. I gave her a great and friendly smile and said "Soy extranjero, pero no soy idiota" and handed her a print of the internet page. Got it at the real price for Argentinos. The thing to remember is, that you have the money they want, they have the articles or whatever, which are sold by hundreds of others).

Here is my experience with trying to get info about Health Plans.

I'm 34 years old and live in Bariloche. (Prices correct as of July 2009). Expect a 20% yearly increase.

Filled out the web form for the following companies websites requesting info on their plans:
www.swissmedical.com.ar
www.medicus.com.ar
www.osde.com.ar
www.omint.com.ar

Within 3 hours had a call from OMINT arranging an appointment to come to their offices for more info. After 3 days and hearing nothing from the other companies I went to all their offices, including ww.e-galeno.com.ar.

OMINT - 2 basic plans (Consolidar Salud) AR$ 293 month - no international cover, & AR$ 350 – including international cover

GALENO - Cheapest plan AR$ 305 - including international cover. Increases to AR$ 470 when I turn 40 years old

MEDICUS - Cheapest plan AR$ 315 - including international cover. Increases to AR$ 388 when I turn 45 years old

Swiss Medical - AR$ 335 - Including International cover. Increases to AR$ 435 when I turn 40 years old - No one at office to give me info so left my number and was called back 3 days later and given a sales pitch over the phone...so can’t remember much of what was said, except plan prices going up soon.

OSDE - No response from web form enquiry, went to their office and no one was available to help me so left my number and still waiting for a call - that was about 10 days ago, don't think they are interested in selling plans ?!

As a Monotributo I can reduce the rates by offsetting my monotributo heath contribution and having it put towards the plan. Galeno for example would be reduced from AR$ 305 to AR$ 236, although it would take 6 months for these reduction to be implemented, with MEDICUS it would only be 3 months. Not sure about the other companies.

Here in Bariloche we don’t have any dedicated Health Company medical centers so would just end up at one of the local hospitals, so all the plans would be similar in terms of health care received.

So it look as though the best plan for me would be with Medicus, it would be 11 years before it is increased due to my age, and at the current rates the increase in minimal compared to the other companies.

UPDATE: Medicus just called regarding my web enquiry....13 days after I filled out the form. now thats service !!

I got a letter from Medicus yesterday. From what I can understand (through broken Spanish) is that there is a 12% increase in September and a 7% increase in December. I think I'm reading that right....

Has anybody else received anything similar? I'm just wondering if it's a Medicus-only increase, or if it will happen with all providers.

Back