Best of the brunch buffets?

PhilipDT

Registered
I'd like to take my girlfriend to a big sunday brunch because she's never been.

Anybody been to a few and could compare. Alvear? Four Seasons? Plaza?

Can anybody compare Brunches between La Mansion and Gioia? The later seems to be a winner during good weather because it's outdoors, however it's going to be overcast on sunday. I guess it just comes down to the food.

Hernán Gipponi’s Restaurant in the Fierro Hotel (Soler 5862) is incredible!

RAus said:
Hernán Gipponi’s Restaurant in the Fierro Hotel (Soler 5862) is incredible!
I absolutely loved Hernán's first restaurant, Tipula; it was true gem, one of my top 3 restaurants in the country. I've only been to the new one once and I've heard that only gotten better over time. Heading back is high on my to do list.

How would you say the Brunch there compares to the offerings at the 5 star hotels?

I haven't been to the 5 star places so I can't speak from personal experience but my brunch date has been to la mansion and said Gipponi's came a close second.

My wife and I love brunches. We try to go to one every Sunday. The best one we have found is at the Four Seasons. It is pricey ($460 per person), but wonderful. Don't go next weekend because it is mother's day - and that is an extra $100 pesos.

This weekend we're gong to Olsen (Gorriti 5870). It is nothing to write home about, but it is OK.

katti said:
The mansion is great!!
I just called. $570 a person and they demanded prepayment with a credit card. Thats more than I paid at the plaza in nyc a few years ago. So I ended up making a reservation at Gioia at the Park Hyatt. Will update on sunday with a review.

Go to Malvon. It's amazing and quite cheap. It's in Serrano 879 close to the outlets. You won't be disappointed.

Back