Best Place to Buy a Couch / Other 'New Apartment' Items

Brittyhill

Registered
Hello All!
I'm new (1 month today!) to BA - I'm about to move into my long-term home and I have to furnish it. I've found great resources for tables, beds, etc. but I haven't been able to find a great couch. I don't want to spend more than $1000 USD but I want something comfortable. Several of the online (mercadolibre) retailers have physical presence but their products are not very comfortable (deep seat and soft). Any advice? Where did you buy your couch?

Also - any suggestions where to buy a TV and other generic household items would be super helpful adn welcome!

Thank you very much,
Brittany

You might check Vons Decor- they have several branches around Recoleta/Palermo. They actually make their own couches, so have a variety of styles and shapes, and, of course, will make them to order. Not sure about prices, its been years since I bought from them. There also probably is still a couch barrio- it used to be on Juan B Justo around Corrientes, but I am not sure if it still is- where there were a half dozen places that make couches, and have lots on the floor. TV and electronics, the wholesale neighborhood for that is around corrientes and talcahuano/uruguay- but, really, FraVega and Gabarino are pretty competitive, and convenient- they usually will deliver for free. Mercado Libre will be cheaper, by a bit, but require more work on your part, and may or may not deliver.

Aren't there tons of furniture places on Av. Belgrano? When I went to Vons a couple of years ago, I thought they were really expensive. There stuff may be of better quality.

While I wouldnt buy upholstered furniture there, the Pulgas (furniture fleamarket) at Dorrego y Niceto is great too. And way up Rivadavia are a couple of gigantic antique stores, with several floors each of all kinds of furniture.

While I wouldnt buy upholstered furniture there, the Pulgas (furniture fleamarket) at Dorrego y Niceto is great too. And way up Rivadavia are a couple of gigantic antique stores, with several floors each of all kinds of furniture.

Those giant antique stores up Rivadavia are La Rueda and Montepio. In Paternal El Kin is also good older stuff.

Back