Best places for volunteering

daboylan

Registered
Hi, I will be moving to BA from Ireland next week to move in with a local I met whilst travelling. Does anyone know the best places for volunteering/ finding work? I am an engineer by trade but have bar experience, speak fluent English and havw an intermediate level of Spanish. I am aware the economy is not in the best place right now.

Also places where expats may meet to share experiences or where I could join some expat sports clubs etc for example.

Welcome. You will find lots of archived and more recent information on this site by using the search function. There are regular expat meetups in BA and a very vocal and opinionated community on this site. In my opinion,the best things you can bring with you to Argentina are an open mind and a readiness for adventure. Cheers!

Since you're coming from Ireland, know that even though many bars in BA have a Guinness Beer sign up, none of them have actually had Guinness since probably the last century.

Ya, they've all been 'out of stock' for 10 + years .

The funny thing is, a lot of those bars have re printed their menus over the years, still listing Guinness, yet still no stock.

Maybe one day.... ! ;P

There is no Guinness here, but an acceptable substitute is their black beer. Ask for cervesa negra or stout (pronounced stoat). Some places advertise it but do not actually stock it. The more of us who ask, the more places will stock it.

There is no Guinness here, but an acceptable substitute is their black beer. Ask for cervesa negra or stout (pronounced stoat). Some places advertise it but do not actually stock it. The more of us who ask, the more places will stock it.
Didn't The Gibraltar in San Telmo have Guinness a few years ago when I was in town ? Maybe and maybe not. I can't remember for sure.

Didn't The Gibraltar in San Telmo have Guinness a few years ago when I was in town ? Maybe and maybe not. I can't remember for sure.
I will have to check it out. It's a bit off my route and I wonder if I would be welcome in A Gibraltar bar.:p

I will have to check it out. It's a bit off my route and I wonder if I would be welcome in A Gibraltar bar.:p
Its worth a look. A few years back they had interesting food as well. Not cheap though as I recall.

Here's a pic from Gibraltar from November 2018. I think they also have Antares

1547500370728.png

I just realized this thread went from volunteering to beer - sorry.

Back