Best songs of Argentina

perry

Registered
Joined
Jun 20, 2006
Messages
4,775
Likes
2,650
I believe that Argentina has some of the most beautiful songs of the world and this part of the culture I miss the most being so far away . When I lived there I spent many hours with my headphones listening to my favourite 100 songs over and over again . I want this group to participate in this with me .

This song is one of my favourites .


 

This is such a unique song that captures for me the best of Buenos Aires.
 
I’ve got two songs. Different singers, totally different genres, different messages, but equally memorable!:

“La Argentinidad al Palo”

“Como la Cigarra”
I like this song by Mercedes Sosa
 
I have over 400 argentine albums, so I could go on for weeks on this topic- but here is a starter-
 
While Gotan project is only partially Argentine (the main producers are Swiss and French, and much of their work was recorded in France) this piece is one I particularly like- it features Juan Carlos Caceres, an Argentine musician who spent his life exploring the influence of Afro Argentines in the early days of Tango, and whose own music often was an african/argentine blend.


 
While Gotan project is only partially Argentine (the main producers are Swiss and French, and much of their work was recorded in France) this piece is one I particularly like- it features Juan Carlos Caceres, an Argentine musician who spent his life exploring the influence of Afro Argentines in the early days of Tango, and whose own music often was an african/argentine blend.



I have always loved that song Ries . Another great song from Bajofondo tango club was this very catchy tune
 
Gotan project is pretty much the only electronic tango group I havent gotten to see live, mainly because they arent really a group, they are a studio project. I have seen Bajofondo, Narcotango, Tanghetto, and Tango Crash. There is still an ElectroTango festival every year, usually in february, where you can see a lot of this music live, and its about 80% tango, 20% electric keyboards, far from the horrible things the purists said in the early 2000's when it started.
 
Back
Top