Best Supermarket in Palermo!!

I agree with those who avoid supermarket chains here. I've been to one (Disco) in about the last two years and was even more shocked at the prices than I remembered before.

The thing that gets me is that if you were in the UK (for instance) you'd definitely choose a local butchers over a supermarket if the prices were similar, the problem being the butcher can't keep the prices at the same level.
Here the butcher is cheaper than the supermarket, so for me it's a no brainer. I'd choose it every time. Same applies for the fresh produce, wine etc.
Honestly, supermarkets are a joke here! It doesn't even make sense that they're more expensive than local shops.

French jurist said:
Jumbo, Carrefour, Disco are overprice imho.

It's much cheaper to buy products in specialized shops (once you know where to go).
Price differences are usually 20/30% higher in those big supermarkets, sometimes 100% more on a same product (I have for example a camembert), up to 1000% (rucula : 10 pesos at jumbo, 1 peso in a non-fancy bolivian shop).

2 mentions in 2 days ..enough already French Jurist..I see it now..you are the marketing manager for that Bolivian shop..and are getting 10 cents commission on every bunch of rucula sold..:p

fifs2 said:
[/U]

2 mentions in 2 days ..enough already French Jurist..I see it now..you are the marketing manager for that Bolivian shop..and are getting 10 cents commission on every bunch of rucula sold..:p

There's no small profit, this is Argentina ! :D

Back