Best way to find a lease?

lostravenblue

Registered
I'm looking to rent a 3-bedroom apartment, but I want a long term living arrangement, and all the advice I see is to get an airbnb. I tried looking at zonaprop, but I can't make sense of their website. Like here's one at random: USD 2.300 and then right below that $120,000 expensas. And I don't understand what that means. I assume it's says $2,300 usd a month? But what does the $120,000 expensas means? And does anybody rent in peso? Should we get a realtor?

My partner promised this would be her job, but she's been too sick, and we can't put it off any longer.

I'm looking to rent a 3-bedroom apartment, but I want a long term living arrangement, and all the advice I see is to get an airbnb. I tried looking at zonaprop, but I can't make sense of their website. Like here's one at random: USD 2.300 and then right below that $120,000 expensas. And I don't understand what that means. I assume it's says $2,300 usd a month? But what does the $120,000 expensas means? And does anybody rent in peso? Should we get a realtor?

My partner promised this would be her job, but she's been too sick, and we can't put it off any longer.
$120,000 is the monthly expense ( condo HOA fee),it's variable ...

Other than ZonaProp can try other pages like Argenprop.com or Soloduenos.com.
Rentals in pesos on a 3 year contract are hard to find and require Real Estate Garantia, plus demostrable source of income, say 3 times the monthly rental...
Best deal could be a 6 month private contract adjustable, renewable. in pesos?

We used zonaprop when we moved here about a year ago and signed a 3 year lease. There seems to be lots when I looked not too long ago but you are going to be paying in USD after a certain m2.

We had company help but was told 3 year was required by law?!? But that could have been only through / for covid.

Our expenses are paid directly to the building administrator in pesos but the rest is transacted in USD. Be sure to ask how / where you have to pay the USD. And as Neil said, expenses are variable and for our building at least includes salaries of security guards, superintendents, water, maintenance on the grounds, etc. It doesn't include extraordinary payments for capital investment to the building, our landlord pays that. However, we do have to pay ABL (property tax?!?) But that varied from place to place.

I've heard of others who has 0 expenses but it's probably because it's lumped into your rent and the owner is paying that directly.

Last edited:
Back