Best way to sell a laptop -- laptop for sale :)

Oface

Registered
Hey all,
I'm hitting the road again in a few weeks, and wanted to sell my laptop rather than carry it around Chile/Peru, etc. I know that electronics are more expensive here, so I figured that it might be worth selling it rather than shipping it back home. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to sell it? Are there shops that will buy used laptops, or places that will sell for you on mercado libre? I'm not sure if I'm up for the hassle of putting it on there, but will if that's my only option.

BTW, if anyone on this forum is interested, here are the specs:

Dell Latitude 1525
Beautiful 15.4" widescreen display
Windows Vista Home Premium
230 GB HD
3.0 GB RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00 GHZ (T7250)
wireless (802.11n)
DVD burner
HDMI output
Extra life battery
Webcam

It all works great, and I'll even throw in a practically new Microsoft WIRELESS mouse.

All of this for US$600 (below the mercado libre going rate for the laptop by itself)

thanks.
--Gabe

Last chance at this excellent laptop. I'm dropping the price to US$500, no haggling, not a penny less. Act fast because I'll be shipping it home on Wed. if it doesn't sell. It has a beautiful screen!

--Gabe

Hi

Is it definitely a latitude? I ask as on google all I can find is an Inspiron 1525......

How old is it and if possible can you send a pic or two of it.

Where are you located?

Thanks
Ian

mercado libre is the best place to sell things in argentina. It is a combination between ebay and craigslist. Post it there and you will surely sell it.

Pretty difficult to sell stuff on Mercado Libre when you have no reputation to start with...Craiglists is a much better option imo

Hey all, the laptop sold today. I guess that baexpats isn't a bad place to sell it either. Many thanks for the advice and interest.

--Gabe

Back