Betting in Argentina

TonyYayo

Registered
I'm curious to know if there is any betting (gambling) shops in Buenos Aires?

In Europe we have shops where you can bet on football, tennis, basketball or what it could be - are there any similiar thing here?

I know about online bettig but that was not my question.

Thanks!

Look for all the places with the lottery signs in the window. Most of those allow you to bet on horse races, etc. Not sure about "real" sports betting but it's a good place to start.

Looking for sports betting. I thought that existed all over this world?

Veteran thanks. I understood that online bookmakers exist, but being surprised that no shops are available.
BUT: is online betting legal in Argentina? Can I send/withdraw money without any suspicion of the bank or tax bureau? Won't be won money subject of taxation?
I understood online bookmakers are struggeling to get/maintain its licence..

Thank you

TonyYayo said:
Looking for sports betting. I thought that existed all over this world?

Nope, it's illegal in a lot of countries. Hence, online.

TonyYayo said:
I'm curious to know if there is any betting (gambling) shops in Buenos Aires?

In Europe we have shops where you can bet on football, tennis, basketball or what it could be - are there any similiar thing here?

I know about online bettig but that was not my question.

Thanks!

Yes, they have many of them. Here they are called Banks.

So in case I make several transactions they will come up to me and consider my money illegal and frozen my account?
Simply can't get the logic...in Europe this business brings a lot of money from taxation into the state budget so why to ban sport betting - better than randomly chosen numbers hm?
The argentinien are not interested in sport betting? even when their favorite club is playing?

You can bet at bet365. To deposit money you can use Paysafe cards, but they have to be bought in Argentina. But when you want to take out any winnings you have to be aware that 35% is taken off your net profit. That is probably the cut to the government.

Your better off using betfair and deposit your funds offshore, while doing the actual betting in Argentina.

Back