Beware Robbery Attempts at Galleria Pacifico

bloody_bloo said:
My father and then me had similar experiences in Europe. This is not a South-American exclusive problem.

Hence the "wherever else" in that paragraph.

I filed a police report for my robbery yesterday. I went to the nearest police station, near Congresso, to where the robbery happened. I was told that I couldnt file a report there, that all police reports about subway robberies are made at Boedo station (on the E line). The police door is right next to the ticket booth. I waited and waited and finally they got around to me. On my way home, I found about 10, no kidding, policemen hanging out laughing etc next to the ticket book at Jujuy station and not ONE below on the platforms deterring crime and certainly I rarely see a cop on a train. Yesterday at congresso station, meters from the nations congress, not one cop to be seen. Almost no crime deterence at all here, just fear and despair. When I got home I tried to scrub the cop smell off of me, the corruption reeked. As I told a friend tonight who lives nearby about my story, he told me as he walked his dog last night he saw a pizza delivery guy pull up on his motorcycle, ring the door bell and he said 2 guys then dashed out of the plaza across the street and took off on the motorcycle. The police are ALL federal.

Back