Biltong anyone ?

Caz

Registered
Okay - I know you'll all say ''just make your own'' - and I probably could... :) But, being lazy - I am wondering if any of you have seen a place in or around BA that sells it (Biltong = jerky - beef jerky). I'm starting to get the craving for it. I'm not sure if its the sort of thing that would be popular here but just in case I'll ask. Thanks in advance :)

Hey. Are you south african? Plenty of biltong wherr i am... Johannesburg :) do you know what the airlines/customs policy is on bringin in biltong?

hehe reminds me of when I brought back beef jerky for a bf's family, they'll LOVE it I thought!"

They didn't love it, and they kept it in the fridge because they just couldn't wrap their heads around the idea of being able to safely leave meat out and still be able to eat it.

So no, I doubt you can find any here. :p

You have to ask for " charqui " possibly at deli stores or stores where they sell regional products. Biltong=beef jerky=charqui ( I have two packs at home I treasure as I really love beef jerky )

I just googled Biltong...
we have that in China too. made of Beef, Chicken, but never pork.

I have a southafrican friend who lived here for few months last year and he made a delicious biltong. He is not in BA rightnow, I will let you know when he comes back!!

Wow :) Many thanks to all for that :) Looks like I have a good chance of getting some biltong or something close soon :) And hi to you in joburg Theo... (My old stomping grounds are a bit further north than you are - even the name has changed ;)

I'm in La Cumbre Cordoba and making and selling biltong and dry wors. Interested??

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Newcomers Forum 2
Back