Blue Dollar Question

If you have extra pesos just buy few bottles of top notch vino and sell them back home. I figure a norton Classico costs 25ars here, it's worth $20 at home (90ish% difference), just spend what you have on $500ars bottles of vino and you will get the official rate and then some. Or in the very least, a few nice bottles of wine. Or buy some nice leather goods, some expensive shoes, a box of alfajores, cigars... Anything. Much better than bringing back toilet paper

I doubt you'd be able to sell a bottle of Norton Clásico for US$10, or even half that, back home - how to find a buyer? You're better off buying good wines for yourself with what's left over.

To exchange money in the the city I would recommend a place in Galeria Boston, calle Florida 134 I think. They are thrustworthy.

I doubt you'd be able to sell a bottle of Norton Clásico for US$10, or even half that, back home - how to find a buyer? You're better off buying good wines for yourself with what's left over.

Just a point of reference to compare pricing (in Australia anyway), there's no point in changing 25 pesos into dollars by carrying a near kilogram object 1000s of km.

And yes, I would definitely just keep the wine

Unless you are going to go direct from EZE to the countryside, I think renting at the airport is a terrible idea. Driving in BsAs is not a relaxing vacation pursuit. While certainly possible, its comparable to driving in Manhattan, or downtown Rome.
We wont even begin to discuss parking.

Rent a car the day you are ready to leave town, pick it up and hit the autopista.
I like these guys- http://www.bairesrentacar.com/
they are reasonably priced, centrally located, have good cars, and are easy to deal with.

Remember that renting cars in Argentina is very different than in the US- virtually nobody does it, there are a tiny number of rental cars in the whole country (I was told under 3000 cars, nationwide) and so, its more of a sellers market.
The big companies are not cheap, but nobody is. Insurance, registration, and car ownership in general are all much more complicated and expensive here, so the margins to be made in car rentals are much smaller.

Back