Blue Rate

cruizes

Registered
What is the current blue rate? I have two website that normally have the rate but for some reason neither work.

That, or you can also check out the open Facebook group "Dolar Blue," which has the range of different prices as well as what individual people are willing to pay for blue dollars locally: https://www.facebook.com/dolarblue

Always check infobae.com

dolar libre - 16.03

Good data. $16.03 is the rate to buy US$. When you sell you can expect a minimum of $0,20 discount IMO. So $15.80 would be a good rate?

Will someone please PM me with location of a good cueva? I tried to find the "cow cueva" on Posadas behind the Alvear Hotel and couldn't find it. I don't want to go back to Florida and get fleeced by 50 or so peso's per $.
Thanks,
Fang

Will someone please PM me with location of a good cueva? I tried to find the "cow cueva" on Posadas behind the Alvear Hotel and couldn't find it. I don't want to go back to Florida and get fleeced by 50 or so peso's per $.
Thanks,
Fang

Good way to do is make friends with Argies ( well to do Argies) who need dollars and exchange with them the price as listed on the web ( infobae.com). Its a win win for both.

You always want to look at the "Compra" column (buying pesos with dollars) and discount that somewhere between .05 and .20 centavos (depends on how much money you are changing and how good a client you are where you change as to what to expect).

Ambito currently shows a spread of 15.77 (compra) to 15.92 (venta) right now. Last night it was something like 15.88 to 16.05. My wife got 15.8 first thing this morning at our usual cueva. The price has gone down since last night/this morning a little, which is normal. The best days to change money, usually, are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Never change on a weekend or holiday if you can at all help it.

I used to use DolarBlue.net a couple of years ago, but these guys seem to have stopped posting updates both on FaceBook and their website. The FaceBook page is in conjunction with DolarBlue.net. Currently the FaceBook page shows an August price. 14.2 - 14.9. Same on their website apparently. Not sure what's going on with this. I stopped using DolarBlue because their spreads between buy and sell were ridiculously large and made no sense.

I switched to Ambito because it's so simple and I've never found them to be wrong. I used to say that about DolarBlue, so when I find that Ambito stops making sense I'll find something better.

InfoBae just shows one number that I saw. And the number they are showing is the "Venta" number that all of the other sites show. If you are going to use that number, take more off, like at least .25 centavos. InfoBae shows 15.92 and I'm betting that 15.65- 15.7 is what people are getting at the moment at most cuevas right now in the afternoon.

And BTW - you don't have to know well-to-do Argentinos to find someone to change money with. I have 2-3 working class stiffs who buy dollars from me all the time, for their savings. I sell at the average between the spread of "Compra" and "Venta" to make it even more of a win-win situation.

Fangar you were so close! Pm me if you want the info on the place you tried to go.

Back