Boca River Superclassico Violent incidents

I’m glad they’re postponing the game. Respect for another human life is obviously not more important than the game for the hincheros, so yeah, postpone the game. Hitting someone in the face with a brick over a game (a sport I love to watch, btw) is ridiculous. Keep postponing it until they get it. Act like a kid, get treated like a kid. Has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with a bunch of idiots who think that’s how you support your team. Idiots.

i don't think the terrorist example is a good comparison. my point is that society largely accepts this behavior. there were cell phones everywhere recording the people throwing rocks and causing chaos and people just chalk it up to "normal football fans." people keep buying tickets, teams keep allowing the behavior, etc etc.

yes, the spineless police don't help matters but the apathy of the public and tendency to blame someone else for their problems is more the root of the matter for me.

Football fans are the same all around the world: low end.
What makes the difference is how you deal with it.
Look this video, the same situation, people with phones recording the idiot, and police taking control immediatelly of the situation:

Look this video, the same situation, people with phones recording the idiot, and police taking control immediatelly of the situation:

Yes, this is how the police should react in Argentina.

But what would happen if they did?

It would be considered "represión," the human rights groups would come out in full force, and the cops would be put on trial.

I'm no fan of the police or the Argentine justice system, but a large part of the blame (read: 98%) lies on Argentine society for not wanting to do what's necessary to stop this from happening.

Yes, this is how the police should react in Argentina.

But what would happen if they did?

It would be considered "represión," the human rights groups would come out in full force, and the cops would be put on trial.

I'm no fan of the police or the Argentine justice system, but a large part of the blame (read: 98%) lies on Argentine society for not wanting to do what's necessary to stop this from happening.

No, this is when police act according to the law. Represion is ehen they use violence with pacific activist or when they infiltrate them to create false violence to justify the police’s violence.

Government trolls and paid media work on the idea that the government never has responsability ;), everything is CFK’s fault or our responsability.

I say play to an empty stadium (not at River as a punishment, but a "neutral" location) and surround it with riot police. Or cancel the whole thing and that will really teach a lesson to these imbeciles.

The police look out of control to me. Arrest the idiot but no reason for many police to surround him and to beat him with clubs. That makes the police as bad as the rioters.

T/

Back