Bookmaking

French jurist

Registered
It could be funny to share thoughts about specific events.
I'm not a gambler myself but once in a while I like to bet on something.

Nothing is never sure, but if you know well your country teams, the recent updates, the context & a few other factors, some odds can sometimes be quite interesting.

For instance, today in 30 min. will be played France-Australia (soccer).

Australians are not very technical, are quite predictible but at the same time they have a true fighting spirit, play physical, etc.
Rogic is wounded so he won't play (good point for France), but Kruse will (good player).

Meanwhile France is not the team it used to be (interesting odds then), but most of all:
- They really need to win this game not to sink lower in the FIFA ranking since they likely won't end first of their group to qualify directly for the WC.
- The French team will be very decent for this game, Benzema is hopefully not on the field and Giroud will really try to prove himself & seize his chance. Varane is playing too. Lloris is solid and he made two unusual mistakes during the last game (he had a gastroenteritis), he will too try to prove himself. For once the team looks quite nice (Nasri, Ribéry, Pogba, Rémy and the veteran Abidal).

At 1.26/1? I think it's EV++

I really see them winning that one... But in sport, who knows

I tend to bet a lot more on NFL games than anything else. What site are you using anyway? When I bet soccer I like special bets better. They seem to pay more than win/tie/lose. If I do that I tend to prefer games that are likely to be a draw and create a double or triple parlay. It won't always hit but it's a very good thing when it does.

I didn't bet for that game (my Mastercard is not supported by betting sites) but I used to bet on the main ones (William Hill, Paddys, etc.).

In fact, what I like more is predicting right than winning money. I could afford betting 1K at once (since, in this case, I would have made 260$ which is nice) but I would never do that (I'm more into poker & such, I'd eventually spend the 10K for the WSOPs someday). On another hand, betting 100$ (that's what I used to bet) just would have made me won 26$ (not enough to really interest me).

Yesterday's result was quite easy to predict (was much more than a friendly game for the Bleus, due to the bad FIFA ranking & the WC + details explained above). Also the Aussies were too heavy/slow to be a real threat. If it had been a rugby game, that would have been a very different story indeed.

Back