Books Ban Lifted

glasgowjohn

Registered
http://www.infobae.com/2016/01/05/1781115-el-gobierno-elimino-las-restricciones-al-ingreso-libros-del-exterior

The Macri government has announced that the ban on importing books from abroad , established by CFK a few years ago , using the spurious arguemnt of dodgy ink in certain books , is to be lifted.

Details will become clear later this week in the Government Gazette.

Not sure what this means at the momnent for Amazon etc...

Bajo,
Can you explain how ordering a book from abroad is a bad dream? I do not mean to be argumentative. I have lived in other countries and was always able to order books from other countries and it was never a problem. I never had to pay anything to the aduana to receive books, clothing, etc. They were small packages and were delivered to my door by the mail person. Only during the K presidency did I ever hear such a thing about " bad ink". We are returning, in my opinion, to the global world. No man( or country) is an island..

Just a note: Bajo did not say import restrictions on books were good; he said something worse is coming.

Bajo,
Can you explain how ordering a book from abroad is a bad dream? I do not mean to be argumentative. I have lived in other countries and was always able to order books from other countries and it was never a problem. I never had to pay anything to the aduana to receive books, clothing, etc. They were small packages and were delivered to my door by the mail person. Only during the K presidency did I ever hear such a thing about " bad ink". We are returning, in my opinion, to the global world. No man( or country) is an island..
Please, be argumentative.

Sometimes I feel that I've just woken up from a bad dream. Pinch me.

Same here!!! I felt like such an idiot waiting in line at the correo and knowing that somewhere else some thug was importing drugs in his private avioneta without a hassle...

Also, I went to Zara the other day and they are starting to bring more imported things like it was before the CFK nightmare. Some people will not have to travel to Italy to buy his suits anymore.

I guess the bad dream has started for those who only thought of spending instead of saving up after sooo many years of bonanza, money growing on trees and all the fantastic things that we had during the decada ganada... -_-

I guess the bad dream has started for those who only thought of spending instead of saving up after sooo many years of bonanza, money growing on trees and all the fantastic things that we had during the decada ganada... -_-

Less spending=less jobs, lower wages.

The entire region is forecasted by the World Bank and IMF to see major recessions this year, but you are hoping to decrease activity even further.

Back