Bringing Cash into Arg

jeff1234

Registered
Whats the best way to bring USD into Arg? Will Cuevas accept travelers checks? Whats the max amount of cash that a US bank will give me?

You need to define the amount of cash and the circumstances. Under 10k, you can bring it on your person when entering the country. You can then proceed to sell it to a cueva. I don't think traveler's checks will do you much good because they will unable to be cashed at other than the "official rate". Bring unwrinkled USD hundreds with the blue ribbon and you'll get the proper exchange rate.

Edit: but you've been here a while. What's the question in that case? and the US bank to cash question doesn't relate if you are here, but i think it is 4k before they report it.

Whats the best way to bring USD into Arg? Will Cuevas accept travelers checks? Whats the max amount of cash that a US bank will give me?
On your person as you enter the country in an amount less than $10K so that you do not have to declare it.

Like JBlaze said: Bring new, crisp $100.00 bank notes with no graffiti or markings on them.

I seriously doubt travelers checks are going to welcomed, unless you were ver, very well known to the changer and even then, you are going to be looking at, or about the official rate for exchange purposes.

A US bank will give you all the cash you want! If the number is substantial, plan ahead, they will get it for you. (I don't think the average person is going to withdraw more cash than a bank can payout unannounced.) As a practical matter though, stay below $10K to not attract attention.

What exactly are you planning to do?

Back