Bringing goods in as permanent resident.

Che1990

Registered
Question re bringing goods in:

Looking at the “regimen de equipaje” foreign permanent residents get a “franquicia” of $15,000 USD in goods that they can bring to Argentina, obviously as part of their move to the country.

Question is when does that apply?

Person I am asking for is:

-Colombian
-Entered Argentina as a tourist in 2016
-Temporary residency granted in 2016
-Permanent residency granted in 2020
-in June 2024, they left Argentina for the first time since getting perm. DNI.
-They return to Argentina from Colombia September 2024
-This is their first time back in Colombia since becoming a legal resident in 2016.

Does this $15,000 USD franquicia apply to them to bring things from Colombia?

Obviously they have had permanent residency for 4 years now but have not left Argentina until June this year.

In practice, this person will be brining in 2 big suitcases of mainly clothes, sports equipment and a few items of tech - all personal and not for resale.

Any insights are appreciated!

Seems they can bring those 2 suitcases with used personal effects. via air cargo, as accompanied baggage.
For the $15,000 tax free allowance, may be the time period has Expired after 2 years. After Permanent Residence granted.

two suitcases is not enough to worry about. pay the fees if necessary and put them on the airplane. the 15,000 is for containers within the first six months of moving to arg after getting residency. fruniture, cars etc.

Did you try contacting the Argentine Consulate in Colombia?
I contacted them a few months ago about getting my Argentina marriage ceritifcate legalised and they never replied :/

I feel like this regimen de equipaje is one of these weird gris legal things that no one really knows the answer to.

I contacted them a few months ago about getting my Argentina marriage ceritifcate legalised and they never replied :/

I feel like this regimen de equipaje is one of these weird gris legal things that no one really knows the answer to.
You can
Question re bringing goods in:

Looking at the “regimen de equipaje” foreign permanent residents get a “franquicia” of $15,000 USD in goods that they can bring to Argentina, obviously as part of their move to the country.

Question is when does that apply?

Person I am asking for is:

-Colombian
-Entered Argentina as a tourist in 2016
-Temporary residency granted in 2016
-Permanent residency granted in 2020
-in June 2024, they left Argentina for the first time since getting perm. DNI.
-They return to Argentina from Colombia September 2024
-This is their first time back in Colombia since becoming a legal resident in 2016.

Does this $15,000 USD franquicia apply to them to bring things from Colombia?

Obviously they have had permanent residency for 4 years now but have not left Argentina until June this year.

In practice, this person will be brining in 2 big suitcases of mainly clothes, sports equipment and a few items of tech - all personal and not for resale.

Any insights are appreciated!

You can bring more than 2 suitcases. Read in another forum someone brought in 10 and another poster 7. If you have residency document, show them and you will be fine. This is a recent post about a week ago.

We were fine in the end. 2 of us came in with 3 x suitcases of 23kgs each, plus 2 big packed backpacks and 2 x carry on suitcases of 10kgs each.

At customs, as we approached the scanner, they did ask us where we had come from and whether we lived in Argentina.

But all fine with the scanner, we had mostly clothes, sports stuff (helmets, boxing gloves), and technology for personal use.

We even had 5 laptops between us, all out of the boxes, and no problems.

Back