Bringing Goods After Getting Residency

lexilein

Registered
hello,

i got my residency and wish to bring in a container of all my household. plus perhaps a car. how long after getting my residency will that be possible? anyone had any experience recently and might be able to even recommend a company?

thanks!!
lexi

im interested too, especially about the car? i heard you would have had to live 4 years outside of Argentina if you want to ship a car here tax free. is that true or is there a possibility to ship my car here after residency tax free!
gracias!!!

I used a local company two and a half years ago. They can bring your things as soon as you obtain your residency. It took about two and a half weeks from NY to the port. I did a door-to-door move. If you would like info on the company, PM me.
Suerte!

Your container must arrive before 6 months. Cars must be in your name for 3 months prior to shipping and are exempt from tax up to US$15,000.00 based on Kelly Blue book value. No trucks or SUV's. Tax rate over that amount is 85 %. Many shipping companies offer door to door service. Careful using a consolidator as there have been some recent issues with some goods imported.

Argentines returning must have been living out of the country for 2 years. Same tax rates for cars apply. All motorcycles are taxed at 85 % of KBB.

wooow thanks for the info! so definitely no trucks or SUVs on the list? super helpful! thaaaaank you:)))))

I was told by my migración lawyer that I could bring a container of possessions, a car and a motorbike. If I wanted to sell the car or motorbike I'd have to hold onto it for one year in Argentina after importing, after which it would be an argentine registered vehicle and legally sellable... something along those lines

Is for Perm . Car must be registered in Argentina and may not be sold for 2 years. Absolutely no one else may drive the car for 2 years , unless a spouse. Even with a procura from notario. Also , reasonable numbers of items per size of house hold. I.e. a couple TV's , fridge , washer dryer , furniture. Not 15 TV's , 5 fridges 6 couches , etc.... Normal household numbers......

Packing List must be submitted to nearest consulate prior to shipping.

This info is very current. Howevr as this is Argentina , laws change quickly , so get current info from despanchate , and move fast , as it WILL change.......

What about for temporary residency? I will have my temporary residency for work in a week or so, will I also be able to bring in my goods (including a car)?

Is any of the goods besides vehicles taxed upon bringing it in? Example tv, washer etc

Cannot answer for Temporary residency. For perm or returning Arg's , not tax on anything but car/moto..... as per my above post.

Back