Bringing In iPhones For Sale Since The New Ban

Damiancho said:
Maybe you are right. I'd like to have more 'offer' here. Hate argentinean goverment way of thinking: prohibiting something just raise the prices, specially hi tech.

Mother Teresa of the Holy 4S

Lucas said:
Don't they call this smuggling?

In most countries, yes.

In Argentina it's creative importation.

Many justify it by convincing themselves it is "better" than paying bribes (which, as other members of the forum have posted, are usually less than the import tax).

Corruption is a two way street...or dare I say...it takes two to tango.:p

Then the 'importer' should export something in exchange to commercial balance the accounts...

Lucas said:
Then the 'importer' should export something in exchange to commercial balance the accounts...

Excellent suggestion.

How about some undeclared artworks in the bottom lining of a suitcase?:p

Hmmm....No, not valid, continues to be smuggling of proprietary art out of the country, beside you never can compare a lousy and rotten iPhone 4 with a argentine piece of art, could you?.

Lucas said:
Hmmm....No, not valid, continues to be smuggling of proprietary art out of the country, beside you never can compare a lousy and rotten iPhone 4 with a argentine piece of art, could you?.
Yes. Doesn't speak well for the art.

Lucas said:

No. Most iPhones have real value.

Most Argentine artworks have far less, especially when the law regarding the exportation of "Argentine art" applies to a doodle of a tree on a restaurant napkin...even if drawn by a four year old.

If you would like to see why I really love Argentine art just go to www.argentineart.blogspot.com.

Click on "view my complete profile" to see additional blogs featruing a few of my favorite Argentine artists.

It is definitely harder to sell Iphone4's out of the box unless you already have someone lined up to buy. People like them in a sealed box "caja sellada" just so that they know it is "real" and not fake (trucho). Customs will ask to scan your jacket if you appear suspicious, bulky, or have other things in your suitcase they are interested in. It has happened to some Argentine friends of mine.

if you bring any two identical items it is likely to be considered smuggling at least according to the law. but sometimes they don´t see it at the airport if you are lucky. and then there´s always bribing
it would be better to bring the box as well

Back