Bringing My Imac 21.5" In: Problems In Ezeiza?

mariano-BCN

Registered
You never know in Argentina. I'll carry my iMac 21.5" in my hand baggage. Can expect any kind of trouble by the famous tax-inspectors?
It's obviously not new, I'll carry in a bag, without the box.

thx

No trouble at all, I came here with a brand new tv in a box , a laptop, 4 phones, a desk top computer, and 2 large bags full of new cloths with tags. The guy at the scanner asked me where i was from. I told him I was from the states and he just let me pass.

A friend of mine was bringing a brand new one and she had to pay taxes.. Before that she was flying very often with her old macbook and never had any problems! So if its obviously not new you should be fine!

I just came in last week with 2 computers, 2 phones, and ipod and and ipad without any issues. Of course if they stopped me, they'd see they were all used.

You make it sound as if you are a criminal trying to sneak something into a country. Everyday we walk around with phones - we use notebooks or laptops as our common ordinary method of communication. Do you feel you are going back in time when you arrive at the pearly gates of BA's international airport? Relax. Authorities know when you are bringing in more than what you can utilize for the length of your stay in the country. Bring the peanut butter you enjoy; the Thai Curry Pastes; the extraordinary items too which might be impossible to locate once here. Clothing is very expensive here. Plan ahead especially if you plan to stay for a lengthy period of time. Above all relax and welcome to a wonderful country and a beautiful city with many activities and beautiful people too. All my best to you. Walter

You make it sound as if you are a criminal trying to sneak something into a country. Everyday we walk around with phones - we use notebooks or laptops as our common ordinary method of communication. Do you feel you are going back in time when you arrive at the pearly gates of BA's international airport? Relax. Authorities know when you are bringing in more than what you can utilize for the length of your stay in the country. Bring the peanut butter you enjoy; the Thai Curry Pastes; the extraordinary items too which might be impossible to locate once here. Clothing is very expensive here. Plan ahead especially if you plan to stay for a lengthy period of time. Above all relax and welcome to a wonderful country and a beautiful city with many activities and beautiful people too. All my best to you. Walter

Great answer!

Buuuuuuuuuuuuut, you never know! Those sharks might stop you instead of getting shameless Argentines making a living out of selling iPads and electronics, you really never know. Cross fingers ;)

Back