BRIT with CUIL looking for employment in BA

tsunamimatt

Registered
I am a British citizen living in Buenos Aires with my wife and child. I have recently received my permission to work here in Argentina.

I speak English at a native level, my Spanish is basic but improving everyday, I also speak Danish at a fluent level, not that useful here…

I have some teaching experience, half a year as a supply teacher for Bjorn´s International School, Copenhagen, Denmark where I taught a variety of subjects to students ranging in age from 6 to 15, in both English and Danish.

I worked in a large multi-national company, United Parcel Services, as Export Team Leader, for the last 10 years where I developed excellent communication skills as well as inter-personal skills, during this time I was responsible for training all personal working under my supervision.

I am looking for work in any field, am quick to learn new skills and abilaties to supplement those I already possess.

If anyone is interested or knows of any possible leads that I can follow up it would be greatly appreciated, please reply to this thread or mail me at [email protected] for more information and/or CV.

Matthew B. Clement

You should try with a private English school, the salary is around 30 pesos per hour and no experience is generally needed. I don't want to worry you, but things for expats in BA are not too easy when it comes to proper employment. I can speak fluently 3 European languages (my mother-tongue, my father's language and English - having studied and worked in an English-speaking country for the last 12 years), on top of everything I speak almost perfect Spanish (studied Spanish at university, lived with Spanish-speaking people for over 6 years, worked in Spanish) and the only job offers I have received so far are from English schools! The job market is very difficult to access if you are not from Argentina, but I wish you all the best anyway!

tsunamimatt said:
I am a British citizen living in Buenos Aires with my wife and child. I have recently received my permission to work here in Argentina.

I'm sure many expats who would like to get a CUIL so they can work in Argentina are curious to know how you received "permission to work" and the CUIL without already having a job. Of course that would be possible if your wife is Argentine or your child was born in Argentina and you qualified for permanent residency as a result. If you were able to get the CUIL for any other reason please let us know how it was possible.

Yes I obtained my CUIL (and am waiting for my DNI) due to having an Argentinian child.:)

Back