british citizen in Argentina

Neil Logan

Registered
merry xmas all !
Can any one tell me how long a brit can stay in Argentina?
I was under the assumption that it is unlimited !

Neil Logan said:
merry xmas all !
Can any one tell me how long a brit can stay in Argentina?
I was under the assumption that it is unlimited !
90 day tourist stamp is usually given on entering the country.

Right, so the usual deal is that you can get a 90 day stamp on entry, which can then be extended at the Migrations office in B.A. Or you can just go over to Uruguay and get another 90-day stamp upon re-entry. This may be bending the rules a bit, but you seem to be able do this indefinitely.

I went to the Migraciones office today and it was CLOSED!!

My stamp runs out Sunday. I'm hoping that I don't have to pay a fine on Monday, but I'm thinking that I will. (I'm not British by the way.)

Que bummer.

Napoleon said:
I went to the Migraciones office today and it was CLOSED!!

My stamp runs out Sunday. I'm hoping that I don't have to pay a fine on Monday, but I'm thinking that I will. (I'm not British by the way.)

Que bummer.

When do the new visa fees commence? You don't suppose that the Migraciones office will stay closed that long, do you? Que bummer doble.

Napolean,

Don't bother wasting your time and going to the Migraciones office, now that your 90-day visa has expired. They won't renew it, so your only option now is to pay the 50 peso fine when you leave the country. Look on the bright side, you've saved yourself some money and some time!

Here's a message where this has been discussed on the BANewcomers list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BANewcomers/message/5723

Sincerely,

Jason

You can travel back and forth to Uy to renew the 90 day visitors permit, however they do ask questions now and than....plus now to get back into Arg from UY you might need the new visa...!!!:mad: I got lots of stamps between Arg/UY and they have questioned me more than once on my intentions ...;)

So I went to Migraciones today.

Got in at about 1:04pm and got out at about 2:04pm.

ONE HOUR. (Pretty good, but not as good as the 30 minute it took me 6 months ago.)

I did NOT get fined for being one day over.
-I DID mention that I came on Friday.
-I was polite.
-I stumbled through some Spanish. (I stumble on purpose.)
-Maybe the later didn't know that October had 31 days this year.

I'm good to go for 90 more days. But as a Yank, I will be charged US$134 upon re-entry my next time back.

Back