Budget airlines - Flybondi & Jetsmart

Ange2022

Registered
Hi,
Has anyone here used Flybondi or Jetsmart?
If so could you please let me know your opinion of them?
Is it safe to book? According to some reviews, they both have cancelled return flights and left passengers stranded.
Thanks in advance!

I recently used jetsmart for a round trip between BA and Iguazu. Aside from it being a super budget airline I didn't have any issues.

I used Jetsmart many times, no problems whatsoever.
Concerning prices if you know some travel agent they can offer you special discount so you will fly Aerolineas with the same price as Jetsmart.

BTW Once Jetsmart told me that they will not let me in on internal flight(40 minutes in the air) if I don`t have DNI or precaria. I had DNI in tramite and Resolucion that I`m permanent resident and no precaria, in the end it all work out, but first they freaked out as thought I`m permatourist or smthg. So for all the irregulars here watch out.

Hi,
Has anyone here used Flybondi or Jetsmart?
If so could you please let me know your opinion of them?
Is it safe to book? According to some reviews, they both have cancelled return flights and left passengers stranded.
Thanks in advance!

these are risks associated with every airline in arg. Ever tried calling Aerolineas customer service?

I used Jetsmart many times, no problems whatsoever.
Concerning prices if you know some travel agent they can offer you special discount so you will fly Aerolineas with the same price as Jetsmart.

BTW Once Jetsmart told me that they will not let me in on internal flight(40 minutes in the air) if I don`t have DNI or precaria. I had DNI in tramite and Resolucion that I`m permanent resident and no precaria, in the end it all work out, but first they freaked out as thought I`m permatourist or smthg. So for all the irregulars here watch out.
That's odd. I've flown Jetsmart several times and was never asked for DNI or precaria.

Jetsmart have form for inventing random requirements at the last minute: pre-pandemic we booked and paid for flights with those clowns, and when we finally got to the check-in desk they denied us boarding unless I performed a credit card verification online on their non-responsive website. After 30mins of futility I was able to convince one of the people at the check-in desk to perform the verification from her phone (which she could have done at the beginning, of course) and we were able to board at the last minute. Not an experience to repeat.

Insisting on a DNI or precaria is ridiculous, aren't tourists allowed to fly with them now?

flybondi makes me nervous, perhaps unrationally, being a budget airline with older planes. jetsmart's fleet is pretty new.

Back