Buenos Aires Bound!

Atalia

Registered
Hello BA Expats! I'm moving to Buenos Aires in late October with the intention of staying at least two years. I studied in BA a few years ago and have visited several times since (in fact, in 2009 I married my long-term Porteno boyfriend). I am originally from upstate New York but have lived abroad for years. I just recently returned from Glasgow, Scotland where I completed a Master's Degree in Economic Development. My husband was accepted to school in Buenos Aires (a two - four year program) so we're heading there with the idea of (finally) settling down for a decent period of time while he studies. And so I am on the job search! Can anyone suggest good sources for job hunting? I found that La Nacion has a classifieds section which I need to spend a bit more time on. The BA Herald doesn't seem to have a jobs section which is too bad... Any other English speaking publications anyone can suggest? Websites? Ideally looking for something in the field of economic development.

Well that's my introduction. I'm very keen to meet some fun expats for an afternoon city jaunt or an evening drink. Get in touch!

It depends what type of work you are looking for, whether you have your residency and your ability to speak castellano. There are a few good sites if you are looking for IT work and have your residency. I keep going back to back because it is not imo there is no job market down here without being a resident.

Back