Buenos Aires Herald

carride

Registered
I see the BA Herald is quietly back. At least online as of December 18th with coverage of World Cup celebration. They stopped printing in 2017 after 140 years. I liked the days of reading the print newspaper in English a few days a week in the 00s. There is no mention of who or what media group is behind the scenes.

Interesting, to be sure. If you look at their coverage of this story-
- it fairly closely echoes the angle of the K. I mean, condemnation of murder motivated by blatant racism shouldn't be a party issue. It should be something all condemn, but this being Argentina, ehhhhhhh.

Last edited:
well this is a relief...i for one find the BA Times to be of the utmost garbage akin to a college frat paper...the real English paper returning sounds promising.

There is no mention of who or what media group is behind the scenes.
Apparently Ambito owns it now, at least according to the website registration info; Ambito email, their street address in CABA, their phone number...

Apparently Ambito owns it now, at least according to the website registration info; Ambito email, their street address in CABA, their phone number...
The same who owned it when they shut down in 2017.

The Herald is majority-owned by the Indalo Group conglomerate, which also owns local financial paper Ambito Financiero.

The same who owned it when they shut down in 2017.

The Herald is majority-owned by the Indalo Group conglomerate, which also owns local financial paper Ambito Financiero.

OK, here's a chuckle. According to their Wikipedia page, Grupo Indalo also owns C5N, and has since 2014.
Look at the section called Decada de 2010, the 4th paragraph, dealing with the events of 2014

Back