Buenos Aires Nye

David_H

Registered
Hello everyone, I will be travelling to Argentina for a holiday in December, could you please suggest some ideas on where and how to celebrate New Years Eve in Buenos Aires. Thanks in advance

Here's the solutions we burnt out veterans came up with last year for NYE.

And the unpublished epilogue: my family ended up discovering that the best place in Argentina to spend Christmas/NYE is... Carmelo, Uruguay. Go figure.

Ed

PS I think Ghost was referring to Villa 31. Wouldn't want you to get lost.

Here's the solutions we burnt out veterans came up with last year for NYE.

And the unpublished epilogue: my family ended up discovering that the best place in Argentina to spend Christmas/NYE is... Carmelo, Uruguay. Go figure.

Ed

PS I think Ghost was referring to Villa 31. Wouldn't want you to get lost.

I find the fireworks quotient is inversely proportional to the villa number, Rooney, and thus 21 would be a good bet. I would recommend 1-11-14, but don't for the love of god step into the '1' part of 1-11-14 on new year's or you'll wake up in the burns hospital where a surgeon will tell you 'feliz ano nuevo'

Indoors, so you don't get hit by firecrackers falling from balconies.

Hello everyone, I will be travelling to Argentina for a holiday in December, could you please suggest some ideas on where and how to celebrate New Years Eve in Buenos Aires. Thanks in advance
No one will be in town

NYE in BA is stressful (firework embers falling on your head) and a little boring, since most people get the heck out of town. If you need to be somewhat close by, go to the beach at Pinamar/Carilo, where you can chow down and dance in the sand without third degree burns!

Maybe Ed is right. I lose track of the Villa numbers there are so many. It sometime hard to separate the fireworks and the 45s being discharged into the air [or you neighbor].

Hiya, good advice so far minus the villa part. I think it all depends what you are looking for. If you are of clubbing age the night clubs are open but usually only get going around 2 am as nYE is a family event first and then an excuse to hit the clubs. We will be doing our lasy minute takers asado (BBQ) on the boat again which was a hit last year. Some hotels also lay on evening entertainment. You definitely will not be without options. But yes it will be loud so if you want a qujeter evening it is a good idea to head out of the city.

Back