Buenos Aires Tourist Guide

John1017

Registered
I'm not really in to plugging my own blog but I just wanted to share it with other expats as I believe it could be of some help, specifically for new comers to the city. Basic common sense tips for living and visiting buenos Aires.

Do you have any other tips I could include?

Most of the tips come to me as I take the bus and subway to work each day so I think they are all practical and could really be of help to anyone in the city.

http://john1017.hubpages.com/hub/Argentinaliving

I'm not really in to plugging my own blog but I just wanted to share it with other expats as I believe it could be of some help, specifically for new comers to the city. Basic common sense tips for living and visiting buenos Aires.

Do you have any other tips I could include?

Most of the tips come to me as I take the bus and subway to work each day so I think they are all practical and could really be of help to anyone in the city.

http://john1017.hubp...Argentinaliving

A request, John: If you're going to recagar your Subte card, please do so in the privacy of your own home.

I have always found these sorts of lists perplexing.
I am almost sixty, and I NEVER look like everybody else, no matter where I am, and I long ago gave up trying.
No, I dont look like a japanese tourist, with bucket hat, nikon around neck, and sandals with black socks.

But I also dont look like I am from Buenos Aires, either, and in seven years of tramping the streets here, at all hours of the day, I have never had a problem because I dont look local.

I have good street smarts, honed in cities all around the globe- no rolex, no laptop or fancy phone- but I carry a Guia T in my back pocket at all times, and consult the maps all the time- again, never had a problem in BA.

I look at architecture, take discreet photos of buildings all the time, and in that sense, gawk and dawdle- again, never a problem.

People who dont pay attention can get taken advantage of in any city, and BA is certainly no exception, but this advice all seems useless to me- I do what I want, when I want, in Buenos Aires. I dont wander the Constitucion station plaza at 2am, but I have never been robbed, pick pocketed, or harrassed in Buenos Aires.

I am almost sixty, and I NEVER look like everybody else, no matter where I am, and I long ago gave up trying.
No, I dont look like a japanese tourist, with bucket hat, nikon around neck, and sandals with black socks.

But I also dont look like I am from Buenos Aires, either, and in seven years of tramping the streets here, at all hours of the day, I have never had a problem because I dont look local.

I have good street smarts, honed in cities all around the globe- no rolex, no laptop or fancy phone- but I carry a Guia T in my back pocket at all times, and consult the maps all the time- again, never had a problem in BA.

I look at architecture, take discreet photos of buildings all the time, and in that sense, gawk and dawdle- again, never a problem.

People who dont pay attention can get taken advantage of in any city, and BA is certainly no exception, but this advice all seems useless to me- I do what I want, when I want, in Buenos Aires. I dont wander the Constitucion station plaza at 2am, but I have never been robbed, pick pocketed, or harrassed in Buenos Aires.

The only time we have been crime victims in Buenos Aires is when our untrustworthy portero stole our bicycles from storage, and some wine from our kitchen. We can't prove it, though everybody in the consorcio knows he's dishonest and lazy and wants him out. We're gonna have to pay to get rid of him, though.

your portero and most of ours, too! we dont have them here in Prague and we live fine without them!

Caucasian Tourists looks like this person below.

americanasia.jpg
Or like these,
58402726_517d912839.jpg

Back