Building extensions to properties in BA

Sergio...

I don't know where you learned your manners, but really....

The question was, "does anyone have experience with...?" and I do have.

First of all, even if you have only 1 "neighbor" in your building, they are a member of a legal entity called a consortio and their giving you legal, ie, written permission to build onto your patio, which according to local law is controlled by the consortio is standard. Without it you have nothing to prove that you were within your rights to build there and they have the legal right to sue you and to stop you, as well as making you pay them for the "damage" for any reason they choose. That is what happened to the people who owned our property before us and to the neighbor here on our floor, who was sued and lost 25% of her patio to the building in the suit, a significant portion of her property. Both realtors in our deal insisted that we could go ahead by word of mouth only, both were wrong, at least one of them knew it. Our architects saved us by telling us to talk to our lawyer first, after they received a chilly reception from the administrador of the consortio, who supposedly had given the go ahead to the realtors.

Our lawyer researched it, found the case studies to understand what happened and why and gave us excellent advice which saved us from a lawsuit and terrible delay in finishing our project. I have no attachment to any one using my lawyer. Good luck finding one better. He is intelligent, careful, hardworking, committed, honest and communicates clearly about what your choices are and how to best proceed, then does whatever he can to make it as easy as possible for you to proceed along your chosen course. He has handled business, real estate and personal issues for us. He got me my residency in 11 days. He is Ivy league educated and speaks perfect English.

Tell you friend the best of luck to him and I hope his remodel goes well...
Peace~

Hire a good, educated and caring architect and you can count on their being professional on every account. Ours have and it has saved us immense trouble, time and money. Use an architect who only cares about getting your money and finishing quickly to get on to the next job and your on your own. Our architects have been on site on our job every day for over 6 months. The job has taken longer than we would have liked, and it has been at times troublesome, but we are near the end and it is beautiful, more importantly, we'll have no trouble with our consortio or the city.

HotYogaTeacher said:
Our lawyer...got me my residency in 11 days. He is Ivy league educated and speaks perfect English.

How long after receiving the residency did you get your DNI..or are you still waiting?

Having a DNI obviously makes a big difference in the cost of domestic airfares (as someone recently posted). If there are other benefits, I hope those "in the know" would share them here.

Back