Burgernomics

Old news maybe with a few new stats. The Big Mac has been missing from menus since I moved down here. You can order it if you ask though.

The news has nothing to do with the presence or absence of a Big Mac on the menu and everything to do with a concrete example of how "official" inflation rates are manipulated.

Speaking of...

The discount special of the month at McDonald's went from AR$12 to AR$14 this past month.

That means that the "value" priced burger is over US$3.

I don't know the US prices, but that seems a bit expensive for a "value priced" item.

dr__dawggy said:
The news has nothing to do with the presence or absence of a Big Mac on the menu and everything to do with a concrete example of how "official" inflation rates are manipulated.

Yes, it was an example a long time ago & nothing has changed. That why I was saying it is old news. I am surprised they published the article recently. A lot of econ blogs and news sources talked about this a long time ago. It is recycled info. They should have at least added something to the story when they published this like other examples of inflation rates being manipulated. Not impressed with the journalism.

Sometimes things take a while to be picked up by foreign media. The same was true recently with the iPhone and Blackberry blockade in the news. It had been in the local news here many months ago, but just picked up last week by a popular Mac news blog.

Back