Business and bureaucracy

Vah

Registered
Hi all,

I'm fresh of the boat, only been here for 2 months and loving every minute of it so far.

I'm thinking about investing in Argentina - nothing specific at the moment - and could need some info on what it is like to run a business here.

I've read a lot of negative comments about how difficult it is to start and run a business in this country. The comments on the bureaucratic djungle are equally negative and many.

Can someone please give me some useful info on whether it is worth starting a businees here - with the unstabel economy and all - and how bad the bureaucracy really is.

Real examples are highly appreciated.

Cheers,

V

Vah said:
Hi all,

I'm fresh of the boat, only been here for 2 months and loving every minute of it so far.

I'm thinking about investing in Argentina - nothing specific at the moment - and could need some info on what it is like to run a business here.

I've read a lot of negative comments about how difficult it is to start and run a business in this country. The comments on the bureaucratic djungle are equally negative and many.

Can someone please give me some useful info on whether it is worth starting a businees here - with the unstabel economy and all - and how bad the bureaucracy really is.

Cheers,

V
I hope you won,t be teaching English:rolleyes:

Vah said:
Hi all,

Cheers,

V

In theory there is so much untapped potential (is that redundant?) and this country is starving for foreign investment, so it seems like a perfect idea.

In practice?...

suerte amigo,

N

Please be aware you will not get any worthwhile advice here but yes plenty of sarcastic and negative replies about this country and their business environment after all it's a part time for some people on this forum to keep putting Argentina down at any opportunity they have without any facts whatsoever, of course not all of them will do that but the majority without any physical attachment to this country will, so do not get very upset or discouraged by their comments or sickening advice is all a good and innocent fun ride from people who just go pass momentarily this city and country, most if not all of them will do not have any experience of how to mount, run and maintain a successful business in this part of the world.

Investing in Argentina and Conquering Your Fear of Risk - 04/13/10

http://www.invertir.com/

CNBC-Investing in Argentina - 04/15/10

When and if you decide to invest in this country and I hope you will, I wish you all the best and success in your enterprise.

Welcome to Argentina.

I do not agree with the comments that portray business here as impossible, or simply punishment. If you come from the US, Canada, EU, etc., you'll probably encounter more bureaucracy than you have back home. However, that's something that your lawyer/accountant will help you deal with.

The issue of starting a business in Argentina was discussed rather recently here.

If you want detailed information on the legal aspects of opening a business, labor and tax issues let me know and I'll send you something by email. You can contact me through my website www.fandinoabogados.com or by email [email protected].

Europeans and Americans I've seen interviewed say that they started their businesses in Argentina because:
a) It requires much less capital than it does up North
b) There's a lot of room for new businesses - "esta todo por hacer" (everything is still to be done), and
c) There's a pool of inexpensive, skilled workers.

A good accountant is a must - they take care of all the red tape and keep up with constantly changing regulations.

V,

I'm also interested in starting a business here.
I've already been through a lot of bureaucracy and although it tends to be time consuming, it's not actually that onerous.
My issues are that I have no idea as to 'what' business and I don't have a great deal of capital!

Maybe you'd like to get together and have a chat over lunch sometime?
Al

SaraSara said:
A good accountant is a must - they take care of all the red tape and keep up with constantly changing regulations.

you MUST have a accountant this is the biggest problem here in Argentina. Mostly of them are real bad as I have that experiance. Right now for my Limited Company (S.R.L.) I have a good accountant but it will cost a lot of each month for like doing nothing. For the same price a normal accountant will do 10 times more work in Europe or US as they will do it here.

If you don't speak spanish well forget it to open a company (S.R.L. or S.A.) or self employed (Autonomo) because you never will have a good chance to do all needed stuff by self. If you need someone who will do it for you will cash you a lot for it because it is very time expensive.

INFO : sometimes I will read that people will sign up for "self employed" to get the residence here. Only if you have a S.R.L. or S.A. you can get it. If you are only "Autonomo" you don't have any chance to get residence. Be carefull because there are a lot of people who will tell you that you can get it as self employed too. THAT IT IS STRICTLY WRONG !!!

Back