Business Insider- Argentina Has The Highest Corporate Taxes

Camberiu, I liked the video. The guy's right to a large extent, in my opinion. And sorry, but this happens to be a big theme for me, personally, as a libertarian and science and science fiction fanatic, so here goes a long diatribe on my part :D

But it's going to take more than "new ways of telling the story", I believe, to get the world out of the cul-de-sac it's in.

They call me "Asteroid Boy" in the expat dinners I attend. I think the idea of expanding beyond the Earth is the only thing that will save us from ourselves, sitting in what amounts to a pressure cooker of conflicting ideas. Why "Asteroid Boy"? Because one of the first steps, once we are established in orbit (not with government playthings like we are now, but commercially), we could capture a small near-Earth asteroid and the right one would have more metals for mining than the entire metals mining production of our planet for a year - and there are bigger resources out there. It just gets bigger from there.

The Old World Diaspora to the New World changed our world beyond the imagining of the times. Most of the ideas and ideals that developed in the New World were already in existence in the Old World, there was just so much resistance to change from within that it required barbarians from outside to help spread the changes in many cases. I believe something similar is needed on a world-wide basis, to leave the Earth and begin to populate the Solar system, another Diaspora to harbor and encourage current new ideas that get squashed by the world's "natural" tyranny, that one day can come back and infect the home world with new memes. Hopefully it would reinforce some ideals which seem to be in the process of being lost and never even made it to some places, and other, new ideas that can be beneficial to all of mankind. Besides getting all of our eggs out of the same basket so we don't end up like the dinosaurs.

As much as I hate government interference, I think back to the $800 B + that Obama spent (and of course, that Bush would have spent, or any president which would have followed Bush) on entering office in his first term, which bailed out people/businesses that shouldn't have been bailed out. Imagine if he had started some kind of "Manhattan Project" for reducing the cost to orbit and encouraging growth of orbital production and such (NASA and the X-Prize has gone a long way toward helping that, but the funding isn't very big). Solar power collectors in orbit that can beam down tight-beam energy and reduce our dependence on fossil fuels that create so much pollution, for at least power generation. No more mining of our planet and reduced fabrication/factories polluting things ground-side. A new push on the sciences and engineering, but also something that would have even benefited teachers and clear down to janitors.

New ideas and a place to germinate and grow them.

That's all going to happen eventually, with or without government intervention. I only posit that Obama could have done what amounts to a miracle if he could have won over other politicians with the idea, but I would never expect a government to do that, really. After all, Kennedy's "Space Race" of the 60s left us with no real presence in orbit until well after, and without even the ability to return to the Moon without great effort (governments don't really solve anything, for the most part).

No way in hell are the governments of the world going to suddenly open their borders to free migrations of humans. Not without some kind of external pressure. I only hope that pressure doesn't come from some world-wide disaster, be it economic or "natural".

And things like Argentina closing itself off is so obviously not the answer. Never has been, never will be. More government interference, the more government control, the worse things get, usually.

What I find incredible about this pro migration video is that it only discusses the effect and not the cause. It utterly fails to address the elephant in the room, which is the reason WHY the Syrian refugees and other groups have taken it upon themselves to risk their lives and migrate to Europe. Were it not for the civil war in Syria, there would be no mass migration.

So then you need to back it out further. Were it not for the US and coalition forces seeking to depose Assad and replace him with a puppet leader on behalf of their corrupt allies, Saudi Arabia & Israel, there would be no civil war. Why is it nobody is talking about the root cause? Why is nobody concerned about the REASONS that created the mass migration?

Yes, migration is part of our ancestry & DNA however it was usually based upon sources of food and shelter from the elements. Today, those 2 factors are not as prevalent. Therefore, the mass migration we're witnessing now is not organic. There is a reason. There is a cause. And nobody is talking about it. Instead they want to blame "Russian aggression" as if this is somehow Russia's fault when Russia is the only country that is actually taking action and attempting to solve the root problem.

Back