Buying a dog//kennels

buenosairesmike

Registered
Hi everyone, I'm going to move into a house in a not so upscale neighborhood in a couple of months and I want to get a couple of dogs -- both because I like them and because they offer the best security. Dog buying here is a bit of a hit and miss operation. Anyone know of a good reliable breeder or kennel? I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Mike

"buenosairesmike" said:
Hi everyone, I'm going to move into a house in a not so upscale neighborhood in a couple of months and I want to get a couple of dogs -- both because I like them and because they offer the best security. Dog buying here is a bit of a hit and miss operation. Anyone know of a good reliable breeder or kennel? I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Mike

Mike,
It depends on what breed you want to get. If you don´t have a preference, you can always adopt :)V

Mike,
I have always bought them at La Nacion Mascotas with no problems. Most people do that, if not any vet. can give you a hint about breeders

There are plenty of dogs out there who are in need of a home so why not adopt one? Although you are playing the lottery on what their looks and traits will be when they are fully grown, compared to pure breeds, I think that part is what really makes it fun and rewarding. But i guess you are looking for guard dogs.
For security I find dogs with a keen sense of smell/hearing(typically smaller dogs), who run to their owners or keep a distance from the door and bark better than dogs that just run to the door/gate and bark. Criminals are not stupid and when they encounter dogs at doors or gates, they'll spray pepper spray or some toxic aerosol(hair spray is popuplar) onto their face through the gaps in order to incapaciate them, if not kill them(a method on the rise here in Argentina). Then they are useless and you've just lost a pet that you love.

Back