Buying a RED camera here

JohnnotJOn

Registered
Hello! We are producing a lot of video ads for clients (safely) but need to buy a camera and stop renting. Rental houses here charge a lot. Any suggestions on where to find professional-level filming equipment? Looking to buy a RED Ranger Helium and Ultraprime lenses. Any pointing in the right direction much appreciated! John

Would Cine Si on Giuffra (off Defensa in San Telmo) be any use? It's a looong time since I was there and I don't even know if they are still in business. In those days I think they had books, films and some studio equipment for sale. If they can't help you themselves, maybe they can point you towards someone who can.

Would Cine Si on Giuffra (off Defensa in San Telmo) be any use? It's a looong time since I was there and I don't even know if they are still in business. In those days I think they had books, films and some studio equipment for sale. If they can't help you themselves, maybe they can point you towards someone who can.

hombre, you seem to have a very good knowledge of the city, so on the topic of buying electronics -

Do you have a suggestion as to where should I go to buy a new Xiaomi phone, assuming I have dollars cash in hand?

Also interested in someone's experience with that! So far I heard there is a street near san telmo that is famous for good priced electronics, otherwise I have seen Androids in Jumbo and in cell phone stores.

One other question-- anywhere recommended to get a tourist style non-contract sim for local number and/or data?

hombre, you seem to have a very good knowledge of the city, so on the topic of buying electronics -

Do you have a suggestion as to where should I go to buy a new Xiaomi phone, assuming I have dollars cash in hand?

I just happened to stumble into Cine Si one day, long ago, and liked what I saw there and remembered it. I am not even sure I know what a Xiaomi phone is! Sorry!

I own this camera.

Never ever used it.

Let me know if you want to buy it.

It comes with cover, 2 extra battery packs ( total 3 batteries) , one extra charger ( 2 chargers).

Tell me the best price.

If sending a private message, leave a note below this thread,

In OM tell me yr best price either in USD or pesos.

Also interested in someone's experience with that! So far I heard there is a street near san telmo that is famous for good priced electronics, otherwise I have seen Androids in Jumbo and in cell phone stores.

One other question-- anywhere recommended to get a tourist style non-contract sim for local number and/or data?

Any claro shop should sell you one with a copy of your passaporte.

I just happened to stumble into Cine Si one day, long ago, and liked what I saw there and remembered it. I am not even sure I know what a Xiaomi phone is! Sorry!

Xiaomi is the second-best brand of Chinese smartphones. Huawei is in the same quality bracket as Apple, but also in the same price bracket. Xiaomi is more of a good compromise between price on the one hand, and quality/features on the other hand.

I teach EFL online, and I almost always ask my students about their phones. After talking to almost 3700 different students over the last 16 months, I decided to get a Xiaomi based upon what I have heard.

Any claro shop should sell you one with a copy of your passaporte.

Claro store is a good idea, if you can find one open. You don't want the SIM in the red envelope like they sell in the kioskos; those have an expiration date, and you'll have to change your number when it expires. You want the one in the black envelope, from the Claro store, that has no expiration date. And yes, do take your passport with you, so they can copy it.

Thanks all for your responses. Are there not companies like B+H Photo in New York that sell $25,000USD+ cameras for professionals? Anyone with any information from this world (you know a Director of Photography there, or are one for example) would be hugely appreciated!

Back