Buying Baby Food In Bsas

Kjoh

Registered
Hi there,

Just moved in from Scandinavia - where all the supermarkeds are full of baby food - NAN or other formulas, jars with all kind of fruits and veggies, dinner dishes etc + small bags with smoothies. Where can I buy things like that here? The supermakets Ive been to so far have allmost nothing to offer.

Thanks in advance!

K.

Hi there. I don't think there is anything like the baby food that we are used to from Scandinavia. Sure you can find some rather sugary fruit mixes but nothing dinner like. There wasn't anything 5 years ago when I looked for it last.

Your best bet is to buy a "mixerstav", a handheld mixer and make your own. Oh, and lots of little tupper containers. Just don't mix the potatoe, it turns into glue.

Bring or buy a food processor - that's what my sister in law did for her baby. I don't think she bought baby food (other than formula.) They seem to use a lot of squash and yam here.. my niece's nose and feet turned orange. :D

Thanks for the replys. I will make my own most of the time, but sometimes its so nice to just have something to take on the go. But then I will look no futher..

There is a brand, nutribaby that has some pre-made meals, you can find it in Farmacity, but sometimes it is difficult to get. Everyone here just makes their own. There is a ricemeal/pablum type thing as well that I can't remember the name of offhand, in the baby aisle (nutribaby is also sometimes in the baby aisle at Disco/Jumbo)

That's right, I used the porridge sort of thing that you mix with formula for outings. It is very sweet by Swedish standards. My kid refused to eat the swedish products when we went over there. Then again, when you order a side of mashed potatoe in the restaurant it usually comes very salty.

It can be tricky to find a balance.

I used to eat the blueberry purée as a snack up until my teenage years. Oh, how I miss the blueberries.

Thanks a lot for your help! Syngirl - I found Nutribaby at Disco and Carrefour. And Farmacity had Nan and porridge from Nestle. So happy you helped us out.

Tilda - do they mix the porridge with milk here, not water..? Weird. And so much sugar.. sigh.

Agree - Scandinavian bleuberries ❤️

I mixed it with formula because I found that it got a nicer texture. Truly I can't remember what the instructions said.

Back