Buying Real Estate in BA

I have been consistently looking for a one br apt for a relative in Almagro, Villa Crespo, Caballito, Coglhan, Colegiales, Saavedra, Villa Urquiza for well over 4 years and I keep seeing the same prices, it doesn't look like prices dropped much at all. On the other hand, we managed to buy our apt 5 years ago 2br-2bth in Recoleta, central heating, garage, security 24/7 for 125k which I think was a very good deal.

I have been consistently looking for a one br apt for a relative in Almagro, Villa Crespo, Caballito, Coglhan, Colegiales, Saavedra, Villa Urquiza for well over 4 years and I keep seeing the same prices, it doesn't look like prices dropped much at all. On the other hand, we managed to buy our apt 5 years ago 2br-2bth in Recoleta, central heating, garage, security 24/7 for 125k which I think was a very good deal.
wow 125,000 sounds like an amazing deal.

On the other hand, we managed to buy our apt 5 years ago 2br-2bth in Recoleta, central heating, garage, security 24/7 for 125k which I think was a very good deal.

Lucky you....! Unfortunately, past deals don't mean much - In 2003, that same apartment would probably have gone for 30k.

Someone that intends to stay for life , makes sense to buy..1

Things to Consider for resale value..

1. All electric or Gas appliances
  2. Front, Rear or Pulmon
  3. Higher floors less desirable due to Blackouts
  4. Building Age
  5. Listing of Expensa amount & Overdue Expensas.
  6. Location, Location, Location
  7. 2 Ambientes will sell faster
  8. Check in Zonaprop for Apts. for Sale in the location you selected
  9. Security 24 hrs.
  10. Close to subway line D
  11. Small buildings have High Expensas
[/QUOTE]
It would make sense for someone without real experience to hire an honest agent or lawyer to help evaluate and to make the lowest possible bids in order to get a great deal. Do such people exist and can anyone recommend an honest agent who would be paid (say) $500-$1000 for their skills depending on results?

Someone that intends to stay for life , makes sense to buy..1

Things to Consider for resale value..

1. All electric or Gas appliances
  2. Front, Rear or Pulmon
  3. Higher floors less desirable due to Blackouts
  4. Building Age
  5. Listing of Expensa amount & Overdue Expensas.
  6. Location, Location, Location
  7. 2 Ambientes will sell faster
  8. Check in Zonaprop for Apts. for Sale in the location you selected
  9. Security 24 hrs.
  10. Close to subway line D
  11. Small buildings have High Expensas
It would make sense for someone without real experience to hire an honest agent or lawyer to help evaluate and to make the lowest possible bids in order to get a great deal. Do such people exist and can anyone recommend an honest agent who would be paid (say) $500-$1000 for their skills depending on results?
[/QUOTE]
As I suggest earlier. Marcia Williamson. Helping newcomers buy is what she does. You can message her through her Facebook page. She guided me through every step of buying my apartment. Right up to signing the final papers at the office of the Escribano.

As I suggest earlier. Marcia Williamson. Helping newcomers buy is what she does. You can message her through her Facebook page. She guided me through every step of buying my apartment. Right up to signing the final papers at the office of the Escribano.
[/QUOTE]
I've signed up to her email listings and have been reviewing! Thanks

For those of us who don't have suitcases of dollars in cash available to buy property but who intend to stay long-term, what are our options when it comes to financing via mortgage or some sort of equivalent? Has anyone tried it and what has the experience been like?

For those of us who don't have suitcases of dollars in cash available to buy property but who intend to stay long-term, what are our options when it comes to financing via mortgage or some sort of equivalent? Has anyone tried it and what has the experience been like?
Easier three years ago but the interest rates are crippling for most purposes unless you get a soft loan from government or charitable trust. If you had any property overseas then you could arrange a much better deal remortgaging there and using cash to buy here I am assuming. Most banks etc here would not bet on rising values in the short to medium term here.

If from US, get a loan or line of credit from your bank, sofi, etc.

Back