Caesar dressing now available, and cheap

starlucia

Registered
I'm pretty sure these weren't on the shelves a few months ago, so: in case anyone's interested, Carrefour is now carrying bottled salad dressings that actually look fairly decent. Caesar, a honey-mustard type, and some other neutral vinaigrette (just happy about the Caesar, since it's a dressing I'll probably never bother making from scratch.) Didn't buy any (had actually gone in there to buy the Carrefour chimichurri that SteveinBsAs raved about :p), but the ingredient lists are all-natural and actually of way higher quality than the garbage that passes for "bottled salad dressing" in the States. 8 pesos for a 200 ml bottle.

Don't forget to pickup a bottle of Filippo Berio's Sun Dried Tomato Pesto from Italy.

starlucia said:
Carrefour is now carrying bottled salad dressings that actually look fairly decent. ... 8 pesos for a 200 ml bottle.

I think the price is 18 pesos per bottle for the salad dressing.

I will check today when I go shopping...

If it's from "De Mi Campo," it's horrible. Nice bottle, but I threw mine out...

If it's from "De Mi Campo," it's horrible. Nice bottle, but I threw mine out...

Nah, these were Carrefour house brand, and the price (at least according to the tag) was definitely 8 pesos with some change. But yeah, I'll report back on the quality once I actually buy some ;)

starlucia said:
Nah, these were Carrefour house brand, and the price (at least according to the tag) was definitely 8 pesos with some change. But yeah, I'll report back on the quality once I actually buy some ;)

There may be more than one Carrefour Cesar salad dressing. I was referring to the price of a 250cc bottle labeled "selection" Carrefour that actually costs 16,29 pesos (I just returned from the store).

There are at least two versions of their chimichurri sauce. The one I buy is just under 12 pesos for 250g and also bears the label "selection" Carrefour. It is vastly superior to the Carrefour chimichurri that sells for about 8 pesos.

The "selection" Carrefour line (all in tall square bottles) also includes Ranch dressing and tartar sauce!

Buen provecha!

Any suggestions for a good DRY chimichurri mix? I'd like to take some back with me.

Back