Call centers

Interesting post Sonia, perhaps the first person I have encountered or will ever encounter speaking positively about a call center job.

Good pay…how much do you make?

Good work environment…ok…

Good people….now I am really perplexed.

Surprisingly, after your first bad experience with a call center job, you went back for more and got burned again.
Than you went in 3rd time around, why would you do that?:confused:
The say that humans are creatures of habit…however we also possess the capacity to think logically and rationally.
I am sure you had your reasons.
Interesting post though…:)

And when you have finally had it…and decide to quit.

1. You cannot write a resignation letter and leave.
2. You have to write a resignation and mail it, which make take 15 days to a month to get to them.
3. You can forget about the commission that you supposedly earned.
4. Several people haven’t got paid even though they have mailed their resignation letters.
5. Funny thing is, you run into them when you are working, because they keep coming back for their pay checks, more irritated and more frustrated.
6. I recently met a girl who was hounded so much by the so called team leader that she wept at her desk and wanted to quit, but they didn’t let her leave until she finished her shift, how pathetic is that?
7. Or how about the humiliating security check when you walk in or are leaving work, where the ask you to empty your pockets, purse or lunch bags.
8. Go work at a McDonalds, they offer competitive pay, decent hours, benefits and obviously happy customers.

Have you ever called someone during a funeral, how about someone who wants to talk dirty or someone who just wants to curse you out?
Or a team leader yelling at you for not getting enough sales or transfers…
Bienvenido to the world of call centers…

So, why isn't anyone suing these people? I thought the work laws were in favor of the employee no? Clearly if you are not getting paid that would be a reason to sue. If enough of you get together & sue I'm sure something can be done, surely?

Most of the people who work at these call centers are young, college going, kids.
Most are travelling through Argentina, visiting friends, etc.
Most of them do not have DNI, so perhaps are shy to sue these companies because they are working in Negro.
How can they afford lawyer fees when they do not even have a decent job to support themselves?
That’s why these notorious companies succeed in exploiting people and taking advantage of their situation.
It’s a revolving door at these companies, and people come and leave almost every week.
If you check on craigslist, they have sales ads every week from call centers.
Its all bogus lies they put on craigslist advertising promotions, decent salary, benefits, etc.

Back