Can anyone recommend on a lumberyard that sells milled wood in bulk?

expat0tree

Registered
While building a fairly large chicken coop for someone I know, the crazy lumber prices -- is something that's hard to ignore, but why would they charge this much at the maderera if the wood isn't even dried properly and does not come in accurate standard size? the 2x4 isn't actually 2x4, i have to run boards through the planer myself, the guy is upset about how slow the building process is, i tried to tell him how in North America we have even boards that do not require extra work like this, besides that, my hands are covered with stains from the pine sap that was present on half the boards.

I thought there would at least be requirement for every lumber retailer to guarantee certain basic qualities, never mind the stamp but at least the moisture content of 20% as one important point, since fresh wood twists and warps on the sun, but alright, it's like 100 years ago in America when they used to build wooden houses with freshly milled timber and nail everything really well into place to minimize twisting, but not at a current dollar adjusted prices in pesos! The guy at the maderera said they aren't happy about how low their sales are, well yeah! Do they seriously expect to be selling green sap-covered boards for an arm and a leg? lumber like this defeats the purpose of building with 2x4 which is too bad, it is a renewable resource in plentiful supply and the industry can employ a lot of people if managed properly.

Is anyone aware of a place in Buenos Aires that would be an equivalent for "mercado central" for milled wood of different dimensions? I can't imagine Argentina not being able to sell affordable lumber in large bundles for reasonable prices (lower price than that listed on mercado libre considering the inferior quality anyways)

Thanks

Go to Easy. They're like Home Depot in the US.
I go to the one in Herrera St. They have lots of lumber.
All different sizes. They won't cut it for you.
But they have a work table in the parking lot that you can use.
BYO tools.

@ cooper

Easy is the last man in the chain that sells overpriced lumber and cutting all my pieces in their parking lot would make it impractical since it would take quite some time, i'm interested to see if there is a retailer that gets bulk timber from Misiones and then cuts it to size once ordered for a bulk re-sale here in Buenos Aires province, doesn't matter where, the shipping can be arranged.

My nefew is an arquitect and buys here:

MADERAS MAROTTA
AV DIRECTORIO 5473
4635-4466

Try La Viruta. Av. Juan B. Justo 1300, Btw Honduras and Solar. There is another wood place on the corner od Juan B Justo and Honduras but they may be closed up.

Most of the cont here uses very little wood. Mostly I see bricks, conc blocks and metal studs (which may be your best bet)

T/

Back