Can Argentine buy a gun for collect?

Butterpopcorn

Registered
I am curious about how to buy a gun.
Can we buy a gun easily or need a requirement?
Thanks

I believe you still need a permit even if the gun is unable to fire

Antique firearms (more than 100 years since date of manufacture) may be exempt, but I'm not certain.

PS: For any "modern" firearm you must have a federal permit and I believe you must have permanent residency or citizenship.

Antique firearms (more than 100 years since date of manufacture) may be exempt, but I'm not certain.

PS: For any "modern" firearm you must have a federal permit and I believe you must have permanent residency or citizenship.
Is it hard to get modern firearm as a Argentine citizen?

Is it hard to get modern firearm as a Argentine citizen?
Nope.A friend needed one once, got it easily. Got rid of it just as easily, no questions asked. Legally I am not so sure, but like in any country in the world, if you actually just want a gun it is failry easy to get one.

You need a few requirements:
1) to approve a mental health test; 2) medical test; 3) too show a clean criminal record; 4) evidence your honest way of living; 5) to do 1 hour security handling of the gun and 1 hour shooting.

If you are a legal resident you can buy any gun for personal defense at your home (no CCW here)
You go to an ARMERIA (gun shop) and they will sell it and do the paper work for you, or you can do it at the ANMAC office,
located in B Mitre St and Parana I think.
You have to have a clean police record, pass a medical, vivion and shink exam, take a gun safety class, etc.

Back