Can I bring meat?

desertrose

Registered
I was just wondering whether I could bring meat products (sausages, bacon) from the EU to Argentina. I know that I would not be able to take meat into the EU but how about taking it on a plane and then getting it through customs here? Is that allowed?

I think the answer is no, but why would you want to do so in the first place?

If US or Euro style sausage and bacon were essential to survival here, they would be offered with the peanut butter and baked beans in the grocery store that cater to foreigners.

There's lots of sausage and a fair amount of "bacon" available here anyway.

My friends I am talking German sausage! Let's not compare oranges with apples, please :) What is "essential" depends on your palate I guess...I can very well live without baked beans, corned beef or peanut butter.
dsc thank you very much for the link!

Bringing fresh meat into Argentina may create problems for you with the aduana that just aren't worth dealing with. If you declare it they will probably confiscate it...and enjoy every bite.

Just bring the saturated fat you already have.

A friend recently arrived from Poland and had to throw out her sausage at customs. She might read this and give you more details if there are any.

It's not only the Aduana (Customs) issue, as well as the SENASA who monitors food entered into Argentina. You will find these inspectors at Ezeiza airport.

steveinbsas said:
I think the answer is no, but why would you want to do so in the first place?

If US or Euro style sausage and bacon were essential to survival here, they would be offered with the peanut butter and baked beans in the grocery store that cater to foreigners.

There's lots of sausage and a fair amount of "bacon" available here anyway.
What grocery store that caters to foreigners?

Details please!

Back