Can I just disappear in Argentina?

I have a few friends who live here completely incognito and what I see isn't pretty.
They scavange off those who will take them in and offer comfort, but give nothing in return.
Life isn't a one way street and eventually there's payback.

I'm reading this from my bunker right now - but don't tell anyone - I'm doing okay for a 98 year old ;) lol (Sorry - couldn't resist it ;)

If you have debts issues in the US, you can live legally here without hidding. Extradition only is valid when the crime is a crime in both countries. Regards

Without a permanent DNI some things are very complicated, you need a lot of money which you can hardly earn from teaching English, I guess. Keep in mind that you will have to rent tourist apartments, you can not get a local credit card, but without most items in stores are more expensive. You can not get a health insurance etc...
So if you have enough money, there are no problems in Argentina. Some things are surely easier for foreigners in other latin american countries, especially getting a DNI.

It is possible to get a local credit card with a DNI based on temporary residency and it is also possible to get health as well as property insurance with only a foreign passport.

Though it is difficult to open a bank account without a DNI it isn't impossible. I didn't ask for a credit card but when I asked my bank for a CBU they sent me one anyway. I had temporary residency at the time.

It is not possible to get an Argentine driver's license without a DNI but you can buy and insure a car without one.

If you live in Argentina for one year and a day you can apply for citizenship. If and when it is granted (a year later), getting a DNI will be easy.

I think it's possible too. I don't have any concrete evidence, but it just seems that way (unless you ask the ex-leader of the Hell's Angels and/or some old Nazis, but I'd be willing to bet the OP is nothig like those people).

Bajo_cero2 said:
40 years later.

The only way you can get depported is if you are stupid enough to try to get a residence (green card). Otherwise, you wait 1 year and 1 day and you can apply for citizenship. Bring you FBI record and birth certificate, both the the lagalization at the Argentinian consulate before you come.
Regards

Am a Indian national working in Buenos Aires for the last 10 Months with a valid work permit for 1 Year which will expire by 29th Sep 2011. As i was recruited as contract employee for 1 year, my contract is renewed by my employer. So my last working day is 24th Sept 2011. But am really Interested to stay back and try for an other opportunity. But meanwhile I would like to know
1. Is their any possibility to apply for my Citizenship after 29th Sept 2011
2. If yes, Then am I legal to live in Bs As after 29th Sept 2011 (While my
Citizenship application is in the process).

Back