Can the forum search be configured to allow searches for 3 letter words?

camel

Registered
I believe this is normally a configuration option in the forum software. I often can't search for things because they are 3 letters. Today I wanted to search for "FSI" (as in Foreign Service Institute language courses) to see if anyone on the forum had used them. The forum says:

The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common.

I believe this is normally a configuration option in the forum software. I often can't search for things because they are 3 letters. Today I wanted to search for "FSI" (as in Foreign Service Institute language courses) to see if anyone on the forum had used them. The forum says:

The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common.

This has happened to me too, it would be good to enable shorter searches if possible.

If not, I've heard there are some third party software API that can be bolted onto websites to help with searchibility.

The best are these guys :

www.searchify.com

Cheers!

Same happened to me, searches for CIA won't work.

At least Four Letter Words are ok...:cool:

I tried searching for "MRI" just now and it appears the forum no longer allows 3 letter searches. Any chance we can get this functionality back?

I tried searching for "MRI" just now and it appears the forum no longer allows 3 letter searches. Any chance we can get this functionality back?

I'll take a look at that.

Back