Can you buy silver in Argentina?

Hah, that became a standard joke between me and my travelling companion the first time here back in '88. The memory still crosses my mind whenever I see a sign above a shop.

I suppose the real ferret shops are "huronerias". Yet to see one though.
I always wanted a ferret, but they're illegal in California.

Umm, err, I'm lost. What? I can't even tell if you're being ironic or serious.

I'm not a day trader. I don't know jack about short-term investments...

I'm half serious.

I find it funny that you come on here mentioning that you're thinking about buying YPF stock and then silver, people tell you not to and then the value of goes up.

I'm half serious.

I find it funny that you come on here mentioning that you're thinking about buying YPF stock and then silver, people tell you not to and then the value of goes up.

But, didn't I post about buying YPF like years ago?

Anyhow, if you want a real tip, it's a long-term investment type, not a short term daytrader thing, but here goes.

RECAF or RECO.V depending on the exchange. Reconnaissance Energy Africa. Independent oil company with a huge concession in Namibia, stock price has been up and down like a yoyo, currently just under a dollar a share. They are a small company in an industry dominated by very big companies that play very, very rough. Total is the big player in that area, and Total is not happy at all to have some pissant little wildcatter active in what they regard as their backyard. Total has already made a run at them twice, once with a rumor campaign and a nasty article by a prostitute / "journalist", and once with a class action suit, but so far RECAF is still alive. None the less, probably a long shot as well as long term, but for a buck a share, eh, YOLO

Do your Due Diligence by all means, and make your own bigboy call.

Last edited:
These are the type of obscure companies I'm looking for!

RECAF up 5% today since Red gave his blessing. Amazing.

download.jpg

Back