Selling gold and silver coins for apartment

Shane

Registered
Hi. I want to raise funds to buy an apartment here. I have various gold and silver bullion coins for sale in exchange for dollars. Feel free to ask.

i have a question. can you bring a 20 dollar gold coin into the country and claim it worth 20 dollars. my father was a hoarder of metals. unpon his death i now have a gold and silver sachet.

Not gold. Maybe if you keep it in your pocket. They are strict at the border with gold. I was able to do this with silver, but I was stopped and they kept me for a few hours to examine and get an experts opinion before letting me go.

Hi. I want to raise funds to buy an apartment here. I have various gold and silver bullion coins for sale in exchange for dollars. Feel free to ask.
Argentina is probably the best place in the world to BUY gold coins/bars but unfortunately NOT to sell gold coins/ bars. Gold coins/bars can be bought using USD cash anywhere from spot to 15% UNDER spot. Selling I would expect at least a 15-20% haircut below spot.

I don't have that experience. Of course, if you try to sell to a dealer, they will take advantage. But if I take my Morgans or Peace dollars to the coin fair here, the gentlemen offer me far more than what I would get in the States. The same for my historic gold coins. Also, if you look, you see people selling Eagles and other bullion coins for over 60,000 pesos a coin on Mercadolibre.

I have a trusted jeweler. he told me that it’s better to sell gold in the United States because you get a better price.here the prices are mset a bit low compared to the world market.

I don't have that experience. Of course, if you try to sell to a dealer, they will take advantage. But if I take my Morgans or Peace dollars to the coin fair here, the gentlemen offer me far more than what I would get in the States. The same for my historic gold coins. Also, if you look, you see people selling Eagles and other bullion coins for over 60,000 pesos a coin on Mercadolibre.
Just because someone is asking an exorbitant price doesn't mean anyone is actually buying from them at that price.

Morgan and Peace dollars are made of silver and I'd never bother with that so I'm not sure what they sell for ($25/oz silver vs $2185/oz gold).

Asking prices on MercadoLibre are not even close to reflecting actual buying/selling prices in the gold district around Libertad or in the backrooms along Avenida Alvear.

In my extensive experience, the best place to sell gold coins is to an online dealer in the USA such as JMBullion or APMEX; depending on the type of coin you will get anywhere from spot up to $100 (sometimes more) or so over spot (referring to 1oz coins) depending upon market conditions. They will send you a free insured shipping label.

The arbitrage move is to buy the gold coins in Argentina and sell them to an online dealer in USA; unfortunately you appear to be doing the opposite and thus rowing against the market.

Morgan and Peace dollars are made of silver and I'd never bother with that so I'm not sure what they sell for ($25/oz silver vs $2185/oz gold).

Asking prices on MercadoLibre are not even close to reflecting actual buying/selling prices in the gold district around Libertad or in the backrooms along Avenida Alvear.

In my extensive experience, the best place to sell gold coins is to an online dealer in the USA such as JMBullion or APMEX; depending on the type of coin you will get anywhere from spot up to $100 (sometimes more) or so over spot (referring to 1oz coins) depending upon market conditions. They will send you a free insured shipping label.

The arbitrage move is to buy the gold coins in Argentina and sell them to an online dealer in USA; unfortunately you appear to be doing the opposite and thus rowing against the market.
Sounds like somebody could pay for their trip to the US that way if they were so inclined.

Please share, where is this coin fair?

Back