Cancelled Flights Out Of Ba

Ceviche

Registered
Does any one know which flights are getting cancelled?

or every possible flight is cancelled?

Does any one know which flights are getting cancelled?

or every possible flight is cancelled?

at the moment Delta and American , who are being very cautious

And I think Air France as well

Look here for each flight

www.aa2000.com.ar

Be wary...the last time there was a big eruption in Chile, our friends from BA were flying home from San Francisco and found out an hour before they landed (and after 10 hours of oblivious flying) that the flight had turned away halfway from Dallas and they were returning to Texas!

Be wary...the last time there was a big eruption in Chile, our friends from BA were flying home from San Francisco and found out an hour before they landed (and after 10 hours of oblivious flying) that the flight had turned away halfway from Dallas and they were returning to Texas!

Adventure of life lies in walking thru doors of uncertainty. Or you imprison yourself in a room and refuse to see the open doors.

:lol: I can only imagine what that'd be like... "oh good, we're almost there! I can't wait to go home! ... wait.... what?"

Just FYI I flew in from Calafate today. We were meant to fly Aerolineas into Aeroparque but they cancelled the flight for 'technical reasons,' saying there was an issue with the airplane and it had nothing to do with the ash. We did see engineers working on the landing gear for quite a while so I'm inclined to believe them. We got put on the next flight into Ezeiza, landed around 9pm - the airport seemed to be fully operational.

I did notice flights from Bariloche and Bahia Blanca (both near the volcano) were being cancelled, with the others just being delayed.

Seems the bigger international carriers are likely to cancel flights as they are long haul and cannot be rerouted or delayed easily.

My husband's stuck in SF right now -- AA has a strict yes/no policy -- they don't care about percentages of particulate apparently, even if there is a trace they don't fly. So he was supposed to go SFO-DFW-EZE today, AA changed his flights to tomorrow no charge, but after that we'll see -- there's no rain in sight so I suspect he won't be flying tomorrow either, and I'm sure at some point AA will make him fly to DFW in case there is a last minute change, but that would suck since I think at a certain point he also has to pay the hotels -- after the volcano in Iceland a few years back a lot of airlines stopped paying accommodations because these things fall under "acts of nature".

Also on the news last night they were saying that a 3rd eruption is highly likely, so if that happens I'd assume at least another day's delay, unless the wind changes direction or there's some rainfall.

AA / Air France / KLM / AC among others cancelled. No flights from Aus/NZ direction either. There may be some Aerolineas flights to Brasil and then can go on from there -- supposedly some of the planes were landing in Sao Pablo yesterday -- which is kind of like saying ok we can't land in Dallas so we're just going to leave you here in NYC and you can figure out your own way home!

The problem is that a lot of the international flgihts use planes that are just way too large to land at most airports in Argentina, so they have to go to other int'l destinations ie Sao Pablo, none of which are close by, therefore some airlines just opt not to fly at all unless they know there's an extremely high possibility of landing at EZE.

http://www.airlive.net/p/calbuco-webcam-sernageomin.html

Last time around, besides the flights that turned back, there were a whole bunch of flights that diverted to Santiago - curious considering that the eruption was in Chile.

AA flights from JFK and Miami departed yesterday and landed on schedule today. A bunch of Aerolineas flights still have problems.

Back